[AD] New low cost ARM7 boards are released - Page 2

Re: New low cost ARM7 boards are released

: > : None of them.  Use a PC if you want to run any Linux, that's a system
: > : ready to face all the memory requirements of Linux.  These devices are
: > : stand alone microcontrollers with the memory on chip.  The memory
: > : requirements of Linux are downright a joke for embedded memory.
: > : Linux = external memory = more complex board = higher price.
: > : The money you think you save by using Linux you will spend big time in
: > : additional hardware.
: >
: > Ok I'll byte.
: >
: > First off, I think you were right a few years ago, and now there multichip
: > boards that support linux and are beginning to get fairly cheap.
: >
: > The big question is how long before we get the Linux SOC? 3/5/8 years?
: > Full linux not uClinux.
: >

: Been around for a while (forgot to include etrax based board in my other
: post)

: Etrax from Axis  http://developer.axis.com
: More recent chips can run a default 2.6  linux kernel

:  The ETRAX 100LX Multi Chip Module includes the ETRAX 100LX SoC plus 4 MB
: Flash, 16 MB SDRAM, Ethernet Transceiver, etc. This chip is ideal for
: Ethernet-connected Linux systems.
: http://developer.axis.com/doc/hardware/mcm/4+16/MCM_datasheet.htm
: http://developer.axis.com/products/etrax100lx/index.html

: a.. 4 asynchronous serial ports
: a.. 2 synchronous serial ports
: a.. 2 USB ports Host 1.1
: a.. 2 Parallel ports
: a.. 4 ATA (IDE) ports
: a.. 2 Narrow SCSI ports (or 1 Wide)

Yep I know multichip solutions are around - I was wondering aloud how
long before we have a single chip solution - a Linux PIC.
That will potentially cause a step change in applications.

: http://developer.axis.com/doc/index.html
: http://developer.axis.com/products/etrax100lx/18354_etrax_lx.pdf
: http://developer.axis.com/doc/hardware/mcm/4+16/MCM_datasheet.htm

: http://www.acmesystems.it/ A nice small board

: Alex

Re: New low cost ARM7 boards are released
Hi all
I am looking for a development board with a about 10
(RS232/422/485)serial communication ports and 4 USB (other things not
needed ) mostly with a ARM processor with Linux support.
Can any one help in this regard?
Thanks
manohar

Re: New low cost ARM7 boards are released
are the ADuC7020 going into production in October, just wondering as
the analog devices web page still has them as samples only

Re: [AD] New low cost ARM7 boards are released
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested in ARM based boards, i have plans buying a kit,

please guide me the suitable kit.

also it must support LINUX OS.

Re: [AD] New low cost ARM7 boards are released

Good heavens, this was a post from Tsvetan in Sep-2005, as best I can
work out.

Suggest you check his site now, he has added many more boards during the
last 3 years.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie