AC switch

I'm looking for an opto-isolated input triac that can do about 1-2 amps. I have
found some
that are in the milliamp range intended for driving small loads or the gates of
larger triacs,
but nothing such as a 4 termimal device in the 1-2 amp range, 24VAC. Any help?

Re: AC switch
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 04:29:50 GMT, the renowned Bryan Hackney

found some
larger triacs,

Try Toshiba.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: AC switch

... or SHARP. They have a large range of complete SSRs in
different packages.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.

Thanks to all for suggestions. It looks like Sharp has the best selection
in the 1-2 amp single package. They have 1.2 amp in an 8-DIP, which is
perfect for the application.

Re: AC switch
You either need to buy a "solid state relay" module or build your own with a
6-pin opto-isolated TRIAC driving a larger 3-terminal device, plus a few R's
and C's for snubbing.  The second option is usually much cheaper, and it is
not too hard to do, but the SSR modules come with a nice UL sticker already
on them.

have found some
gates of larger triacs,
help?