About IEEE1394 address space.

Hi, I have been troubled by the IEEE1394 address space for a long time. How to use the lowwer 48bit address space?

I use the ubCore's command line tool to read from a 1394 adapter, use the address like 0xFFFF00000000, but the tool told me the address can not be read.But I can read from 0xFFFFF0000404 which defined in CSR.

I am so confused about the address problem.

Please give me some tips.

Thanks.

huxuelei

My 1394 knowledge is pretty rusty, but if I remember correctly that address would have to be defined in the thing you're trying to read; if it isn't, then you're out of luck.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Oh -- and get yourself a copy of "FireWire System Architecture" by Don Anderson of MindShare, Inc (published by Addison Wesley). When I did a FireWire product I -- and the rest of the team working on this -- was able to do most of our work by propping the book up next to our monitors and writing code from it. It's _very_ thorough, and I at least found it very accessible.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott