A few questions on MPE-FEC and outer interleaver in DVB-H.

Hello, there

I am studying DVB-H and have these questions. Hope any of you could throw some light on them.

1) If MPE-FEC is used, the receiver would need two RS decoders, RS1(255,191,64) and RS2(204, 188). The result of RS1 is scrambled and fed to RS2. Is my understanding right?

2) With Time Slicing. how is boundary of two adjacent bursts is treated in the outer-interleaver? Will the data at the boundaries of two bursts get mixed up? One receiver only takes one of the burst. how can it sort out the interfering data from adjacent bursts?

I didn't find any clause in EN.301.192 indicating each burst is interleaved independently in the outer-interleaver.

3) Spec EN.301.192(2004.06) doesn't explain the Table Boundary and Frame Boundary, etc. I saw them on
Do I miss out a specification?

4) MPE and Time Slicing are compulsory in DVB-H, while MPE-FEC shall be made bypass-able, am I right?

Thank you!

Reply to
news reader

Would appreciate if you can help.