Subject Author Posted Replies

multi-drop ASCII protocol frame
[STX][ number][message/commands...][ETX][xor checksum] does anyone know the name of this protocol? has further infos about it? the explicit error checking and repeated-command sequencing algorithm is...

Books on how to implement ASCII command protocol for uC using sequence numbers and XOR error correction?
i come accross a half duplex ASCII protocol that uses following message format again and again: [STX][ number][message/commands...][ETX][checksum] not only in industrial rs485 devices, but also in...
2
2

Gawd I love ARM JTAG
TI/Luminary LM3S8971. Went to do some upgrades in my startup code, in the function called -- ironically enough -- "escape_hatch", which is the VERY FIRST THING that gets run. It spins on a pressed...
9
9

Real-life performance comparison, Microchip PIC32 and ARM Cortex M series
Hi Well, searching the web to make a fact based decision conserning which platform would have the best performance, PIC32 or Cortex M series does not provide consistent answers. Some sites provides...
2
2

Running the same binary code on the ARM Cortex M family
Hi I am looking into using the ARM Cortex M family for a new project. I like the Cortex M series, since in "principle" code should be pretty simelar from one device to another, if you limit the...
7
7

Vegetables for Weight Gain
It is normally thought that a pure vegetarian diet can never work for those people who are trying hard to gain weight. However, this assumption is not entirely correct. Vegetarian diets or vegetables...
1
1

Olinuxino iMX233 Linux PC SBC Blog launched today.
The Olinuxino iMX233 Linux PC Single Board Computer Blog launched today. People keep comparing Olinuxino with the Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone projects, so Olimex would like to state the differences...

An way to sense the torque of a stepping motor?
I am starting on the development of what is basically a DC servo, which uses a FAULHABER microstepped stepper driving an inline gearbox. There is a requirement to measure the torque on the output...
17
17

OT: Cheap Solar Cells
Figure folks here might know. I'm looking to put together a couple of small-scale projects, just for my own amusement, that would be nice to not need batteries for. Probably MSP430 based, on...
15
15

Floating Point DSP from Microchip (?)
Hi, I would like to select a Floating Point DSP. I was looking-up the Microchip website and I see things like: "Support for Floating Point" and "Floating Point Library" I get a feeling as if they only...
26
26

how to call _start?
how to call _start? What parameters the OS/Loader pass to it? and how to pass?
10
10

hi,everyone. can anybody tell me where the C++ program start?
hi,everyone. can anybody tell me where the C++ program start? I am writing a loader, I want know the entry point of C++ program. thank you.
18
18

Bezier "bendiness"?
Hi, I'm trying to come up with some closed form characterizations of cubic beziers. Currently, I'm exploring algorithms to quantify the "bendi-ness" of a curve. (yeah, its a bogus term... maybe...
32
32

Why is small-scale ARM development such a pain
Ok, I'm spoiled by AVR Studio. Works great, lets me use assembly language with a single .asm file, debugger takes one pin, not much to complain about. Why isn't there an equivalently painless solution...
24
24

Any Large Integer Libraries Out There for the ARM?
I needed to multiply U128 = U96 * U32 on an ARM the other day, and did a hack job in C. It is logically correct, but it probably takes 3-10 times as long as assembly-language. Are there any large...
43
43