Subject Author Posted Replies

Alternate PHY Usage
[This followup was posted to and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Does anyone have any comments about an idea to utilize RMII PHY chips to create a custom data link between two end points without...
10
10

Run-time "options"/configuration
Hi, I'm trying to come up with an *intuitive* way of handling "options" as they pertain to run-time operation of "programs". E.g., in a command-line driven environment, these would be "switches"...
11
11

Last CFP- CyberSecurity - Malaysia - IEEE
The International Conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Warfare and Digital Forensic (CyberSec2012) University Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia June 26-28, 2012 The CyberSec2012 is technically...

Announcement: C/C++ code generator from UML state diagrams (version 2.8)
Hello list readers, SinelaboreRT supports the generation of clean and robust C / C++ code from UML state diagrams. It was built especially for embedded software developers. Generated code can run even...

How to Design Higher-Order Discrete-Time Filters?
I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this: and this: I've implemented both of these filters in fixed-point integer forms for the STM8A and one for the ARM. They work as advertised. They are...
1
1

ARM Cortex M3 newbie questions
Hi, I'm working on a project which is currently planned to use an ARM Cortex M3 from ST (device is from the STM32L151xC series). I've never used the Cortex chips before and my ARM experience is quite...
26
26

L3 protocol for transmission from small FPGA to embedded Linux system
Hi, I'd like to share with you my last development - a L3 protocol for transmission of data between low resources FPGA and an embedded system. It may allow you to use low cost/low resources FPGAs...

Pi approximation games
Instead of doing productive work, I just spent a few enjoyable minutes with Scilab finding approximations to pi of the form m/n. Because I'm posting to a couple of nerd groups, I can be confident that...
134
134

AT91RM9200 Linux Board bootloader problems?
Hello, I am extremely new to this stuff and just got a AT91RM9200 Linux Board. I was going to download Python to it to make some programs. After setting it up per the setup MANUAL, it seemed to lad...
1
1

Olinuxino Linux PC now has 4 variants under design.
Olinuxino Linux PC now has 4 variants under design. This blog was only launched a week ago on a single design, however Olimex now has four designs under development. Three using the iMX233. And a new...

BT earpieces
Hi, Anyone have any firsthand knowledge as to the guts in these cheap BT earpieces? Specifically, computational power? I figured I would ask before gutting one... Thx!
4
4

PIC24 USB question ?
As stated in another thread I am a newbie PIC programmer and I have inheirited a pile of code written for the CCS compiler. I need my PIC24 to play host to a USB mass storage device and heard that the...
2
2

java equivalent for D2XX for FTDI chip FT245RL
Hello Everyone am Joe, i am student at DIT doing his project and a beginner at using FT245r chip, i was able to get the D2XX file to write code for visual basic for FT245r but my project requirement...
2
2

PIC24 newbie question "Unused Fragments" ?
Hi, I am new to the PIC24 series and on compiling an existing program for the PIC 24FJ256B106 using the CCS compiler under MPLAB-X I notice that the the .STA file has the statement "ROM used: 12464...

What is the cheapest way to get a GPS + solid state gyro?
I am looking at a project which requires a simple GPS receiver (not waas/egnos) and a low grade solid state gyro (not a "level") like the ones you get in smartphones. The build volumes will be...
24
24