Subject Author Posted Replies

Prototyping and simulating embedded software on Windows
I am looking for tools and techniques for prototyping (virtual prototyping)= , simulation, and testing of deeply embedded C code on desktop Windows, inc= luding building realistic embedded front...
26
26

Embedded NTFS
Hi folks- I have a project that needs an embedded NTFS module. It will provide NTFS file read/write services to USB disk drives plugged into USB on my ARC600 based system. I need it completed in a few...
5
5

LCD instruction
Hi all! I have a query, i want to consult from your comment ! I have a program to make LCD display this "VIET ELECTRONIC" My code as follow: #include "MSP430F1121.h" void write_instruction(void) {...
4
4

LED lights up gradually
Hi everybody! I have a project as follow: Title: make a LED lights up gradually, use microprocessor msp430f2131 My circuit: Because I can not up a picture here, so you can see my circuit here : My...
5
5

help me!
hi everybody! i come to asean. so my english not well, if i have error in my grammar, hope you ignore! i have a project in my forum here: and have a problem that i and my forum can't slove, visit this...
9
9

Atmel Studio 6: local variable not shown at Locals Window
I am testing the sample project ADS7843_EXAMPLE1 with SAM3S-EK2 and Atmel Studio 6. I am using SAM-ICE (SEGGER) for debug via JTAG. I set a break point at main function and debug the project, and it...
9
9

job openings
spotted 2 listings at WinSystems 'careers' page; fyi

TC1796 disable/enable interrupts
Hello, using TC1796 microprocessor, can't disable and enable interrupt around critical sections of code. Any suggestions? Referring to the Tricore Architecture Volume 1 manual: The processor is...

USB-Communication Device Class-Virtual Com Port
Hi all, I wrote an enumeration and soruce codes as you can see below for making communicated Max3420e USB with PC via terminals . When I plugged in the USB, PC said "USB Device not recognized". I...

Free Software Anywhere to Calculate Determinant of 4x4 Matrix with Elements in [-2^31, 2^31-1]?
I'm unit-testing embedded code that calculates the determinant of 4x4 matrices with elements that are 32-bit signed integers. The method I'm using in the embedded code is the standard cofactor...
3
3

MPC5xx exception table relocation
I am having trouble getting code to run when relocated in flash. Setup; MPC565, bootloader (mine) located @ 0x0000, compiled with CW 8.1 MSR[IP] = 0x0. Everything is good and bootloader runs on...
1
1

Detecting/handling stuck keys
My employer produces a medical device with a keypad that's had some reported cases of "stuck"/shorted keys. While others are looking in to a correction for the root cause of the hardware problem, I've...
7
7

FreeBSD vs. Linux for embedded
What's your opinion about using FreeBSD as an alternative operating system to Linux for embedded systems. I am thinking about it for ARM9 micros. What are pros and cons? Thank you very much for...
2
2

CodeWright Error
I have been using codewright for years and fired up an older machine only to find codewright won't run anymore. It gives the error, "Instruction at 0x101624a5 referenced memory at 0x4a7125a3. The...
38
38

atomic test_and_set on ADSP21020
Hi everyone, I'm trying to implement a locking mechanism without the need to disable the interrupts (and yes, I know I can do this disabling interrupts) and I thought about a 'test-and-set' function...
30
30