91c96 with Infineon C16x

Hi where can i find an application to see how to connect an C16x - Controller to SMSC LAN91c96 ? I only want to see if i am on the right way ;-) Thanks Frank

Reply to
Frank Joachim

Frank,

get the datasheet and application notes from SMSC.

The ISA interface is your reference.

For smooth operation with the C16x MCU you will need to connect: D0 - D15 A0 thru A9 CE1 / A19 to VCC AEN to any free C167 Chipselect (example CS# 3) ALE to BALE BHE# to SBHE/CE2 RD# to IORD/xDS WR# to IOWR EN16 to GND

INTR0 to any Interrupt/CAPCOM line. Note: the SMSC interrupt is a level interrupt. with the CAPCOM pins you may only detect rising edge. Since the SMSC has a neat MMU and sufficient buffer space you can poll it.

Consider using the 16 bit mode.

Set ADDRSELx according to your I/O address selection and add 0x300, also configure BUSCONx (try 0x68E)

regards /jan

Frank Joachim schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: bruv0g$pkm$ snipped-for-privacy@nella.toplink-plannet.de...

Reply to
Jan Homuth