Subject Author Posted Replies

Visual Source Safe like revision managers for linux
We use visual source safe at work and one of the pros for me happens to be the headers it appends to the source after its checked in. * ***************** Version 5 ***************** * User: xxx Date:...
6
6

simple thermal diode probe
Many processors and fpgas have built in thermal diodes. There are also many supporting devices that control fans or have I2C/SPI interfaces. I am looking for a small off-the-shelf board or instrument...
6
6

Abusing the MAX232
I'm trying to hang an 8-way relay-driver off a USB port, with the circuit b= eing bus-powered.=20 The relays in question need at least a 9v signal, and they can be at the en= d of a 25' wire (DB9DP9)....
34
34

Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82
Sad News. Last Updated 3:32 p.m. ET (CBS News) Neil Armstrong, the Apollo 11 astronaut who became the first human being to set foot on another world, has died. He was 82. In a statement his family...
4
4

Totally off-topic, Cray-1 Hardware Reference Manual
4
4

EuroForth 2012
There's still time to register for EuroForth 2012, 14-16 September. EuroForth is consistently the best international Forth conference, attracting people from as far away as Australia, South Africa and...

Accounting for memory use in a running embedded Linux process
I have a Linux process that uses, say 16 MBytes of memory according to "top". When I dump the executable using objdump, I can account for only, say, 7 MBytes of that. It's not doing much if any...
2
2

Better C-Language Implementation of Multi-Word Addition
I have created this monster: I believe it is logically correct, but there must be a better way (other than assembly-language) to process the carries. The target is the ARM. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave A....
8
8

WAS:anybody know a good C compiler....
first let me thanks everybody for the interresting answers. This call for another question: Do you know a good and CHEAP programmer for the ATMEL series of MCU ?? one that support the whole series but...
22
22

compact-flash/ide adapter
compact-flash/ide adapter A compact-flash/ide adapter (SD-CF-IDE-A) from worked well but only as a master, not as a slave, which is a distinct bother. Anyone know of an ide adapter that works either...
6
6

anybody know a good C compiler for pic10/12/16 ??
I am using HighTch Picc ( LITE ) I am retired and can't afford paying +/- 1000 ? for the picc PRO. The LITE version loose about 40% in no optimisation and I can't fit all my code in a pic16f648a. I...
7
7

Recommendations for cheap 20 pin micro with serial port bootloader.
Greetings Title says it all. My company is using PIC10's as local supervisors, but th= ey are a pain in a number of ways that I don't wish to discuss. We would li= ke to know of micros that have UART...
6
6

Electronic Guitar Tuners
I am being asked to design a gadget that has some special features, but also includes a guitar tuner. I have looked at the web a bit, but not found any good references that show exactly how a tuner...
28
28

Google swings the axe at Motorola
Google swings the axe at Motorola 1 hour ago Internet giant Google says it plans to lay off about 4000 employees at Motorola, the mobile phone maker it purchased in May, in order to return the company...
7
7

News from Uvalde: No power !
Ooooyyyy...