Subject Author Posted Replies

Name this design pattern
I have been finding myself using the same design pattern more and more often lately, and I'm thinking of building a little class to carry around with me and implement it (or, maybe not, 'cause it's so...
5
5

booting the Linux on bare metal board.
Hi guys I was studying about the JTAG and than I all of sudden I got few questions in my mind regarding the linux booting on the embedded hardware. Actually I know the procedure of how the linux boots...
13
13

start whit micro
hi I want to start with the micro, can you suggest some things I think to arduino uno starter kit It's a good idea or not thanks and bye
20
20

Market size of new, non-legacy, 5V ICs ?
Outside of the hobbyist ecosystem, what is the actual market size for new, non-legacy, ICs with a maximum Vcc of ~5V ? I've just picked up a few of the new Microchip 1Mbit SPI RAM ICs: and I was...
41
41

Ancient Philips MCU query
A friend of mine who often repairs old lab stuff has run into some board on which he has some Philips part, PCF4500WP in plcc44. The crystal is at pins 7 and 8. That is all the info he gave me when he...
11
11

IAR 8051 ver 7.51 Compiler
I am interested in purchasing a legitimate copy of the IAR 8051 C compiler version 7.51. I belive that IAR licenses are transferrable. This is an older version that works with some libraries that I...
3
3

atxmega32a4u programming manual
atxmega32a4u programming manual The programming manual for Atmel's atxmega(16,32,64,128)a4u is, hopefully, hidding. Is anyone here familiar with this device - it's the recent xmega with an on board...
9
9

arm scatter file
Hi All, I have some basic questions on scatter file syntax (ARM) which are also rel ated to how programs execute in the CPU. My basic understanding is the following: every object file contains some se...
14
14

STM32F2 series users group
Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable user's group? I'm currently battling with a STM32F205 and come across a couple of snags!!
16
16

Proposed Usenet newsgroup about the Raspberry Pi
I have submitted a formal proposal for a new Usenet newsgroup focussed on the Raspberry Pi (for info on which see The decision as to whether the group gets created or not depends largely on interest....
28
28

The UK Device Developers' Conference - May 2013
Hi, just to let you know about this event : FREE to engineers and project managers. Device Developers' Conference - May 2013 - Bristol (14th), Cambridge (16th) and Manchester (22nd) A conference for...

Working principle of a Desktop environment
Hi guys You guys have been always a great help to me. Today I am posting or you can say asking something very unusual. till now you guys have met people asking that questions about Linux and it's...
8
8

Mult-core simulator, emulator advice
Hi all, Just want to know if there are any good simulators/emulators I can use to simulate a multi-core system on a standard desktop PC (intel core i3, 4gb ram etc.) need to experiment on: -...

(Very) moronic OT: Gollum-ish plurals
Just watched "The Hobbit" (had not re-read the book for > 20 years). Then I posted something about UDP ... socketses :D :D :D . Sorry for the idiotic post, was really hard to resist :D . Dimiter
1
1

HT Inbuilt AVR
We are involved in manufacturing a wide range of HT Inbuilt AVR - Automatic Voltage Regulators. These regulators have helical coils mounted on a conventional laminated core. For more information visit...