8255 PPI programming using C/C++ and I/O contorl

How do I program and control 8255 using C/C++ in Windows? Could you
please sned me some sample programs? What are the basic instructions
to be used? I need a general programming details of 8255 for I/O
control.

Thanks,
Suresh

Re: 8255 PPI programming using C/C++ and I/O contorl
snipped-for-privacy@pemstar.com (Suresh) wrote in

Which language? C or C++? They are distinct. This is an embedded question?

The data shee for this little chip would be the first place to start. Then
you'll need a way to "get to the hardware" under Windows because you can't
simply read and write the addresses that the chip is mapped to under
Windows.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: 8255 PPI programming using C/C++ and I/O contorl

In DOS or Win 9X systems, you can use inportb and outputb functions in C
for I/O mapped accesses. (If your 8255 is memory mapped it would be
different).

If you are using Windows NT, 2000 or XP, it is more complicate due to
memory protection in Windows.  However, you can use some 3rd parties DLL
modules.  One of these can be found in
http://www.driverlinx.com/DownLoad/dnload.htm
   (see Windows 95/NT Port I/O Driver section)

Joe

Site Timeline