8255 PPI programming using C/C++ and I/O contorl

Hi,

How do I program and control 8255 using C/C++ in Windows? Could you please sned me some sample programs? What are the basic instructions to be used? I need a general programming details of 8255 for I/O control.

Thanks, Suresh

Reply to
Suresh

snipped-for-privacy@pemstar.com (Suresh) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Which language? C or C++? They are distinct. This is an embedded question?

The data shee for this little chip would be the first place to start. Then you'll need a way to "get to the hardware" under Windows because you can't simply read and write the addresses that the chip is mapped to under Windows.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Hi,

In DOS or Win 9X systems, you can use inportb and outputb functions in C for I/O mapped accesses. (If your 8255 is memory mapped it would be different).

If you are using Windows NT, 2000 or XP, it is more complicate due to memory protection in Windows. However, you can use some 3rd parties DLL modules. One of these can be found in

(see Windows 95/NT Port I/O Driver section)

Joe

Reply to
Joe