8255 on PCI bus

I do not have much experience on PCI bus. I designed and used 8255 on many
different ISA boards.
Can anyone suggest how can I connect an (or couple of ) 8255 to a PCI bus in
simplest possible way?

Re: 8255 on PCI bus

You might be able to use a PCI bridge chip like the ones from PLX to
interface the 8255. You could also emulate the 8255 in an FPGA and put the
PCI interface into it, as well. Designing the PCB might be the hardest part
of the job due to the PCI interface requirements.

Leon

Re: 8255 on PCI bus
Pier Joursey wrote...

 Use a PCI-ISA bridge chip, like an Intel 82380AB or 82371SB, see
 http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/290550.htm .  Or the
 ISA-bridge function in an IP core for FPGA.  Or a Super-IO chip,
 SMSC LPC47N227, http://www.smsc.com/main/datasheets/47n227.pdf

 Or purchase a pcb containing one of these devices, ready to go,
 with drivers and instructions...

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Re: 8255 on PCI bus
I found a Great PCI-DIO card on Ebay for $30. It has 6 bytes I/O...I'm
multiplexing it into a bunch more, but you might be better off going that
route.

Rick-

in

Site Timeline