Subject Author Posted Replies

The UK Device Developers' Conference - Last call
Hi, Just a final call, to say that we have a few places still available at each of the Conference locations. Although some workshops are now sold out, there are a few places still available on others....

Full stop mode with Freescale MAC7121
Hello, I need some help to activate full stop mode in MAC7121: before I activated pseudo-stop mode, and it works fine. Now I need to activate full stop mode, but it doesn't work. This is the code: =...

Smallest embedded processor with built-in bluetooth
I'm hoping to work with an extremely small circuit (half the size of a dime, and preferably smaller) that needs to talk to a bluetooth host over SPP. Money isn't an object yet, but it's fair to say...
6
6

Power Gating Devices
I've been toying around with the idea of using transistors to power gate devices, an SD card for example. Is there any proper practices when doing this and/or anything to be concerned about?
7
7

Rowley Associates and OpenOCD
For historical reasons I currently use Rowley associated for an NXP LPC23xx series micro and also Eclipse with OpenOCD for STM32F micros. Unfortunately the Olimex ARM-USB-Tiny drivers are different...
1
1

free software 1-wire (DS18x20) library (AVR, ARM)?
BTW, is there any good 1-wire "master" interface library (as used, e. g., to communicate with the DS18B20 temperature sensors), which happens to be free software? I'm aware of the Peter Dannegger &...
9
9

Low power embedded Bluetooth
Has anyone used or have a particular MCU that they would recommend for a pe rsonal area network application using Bluetooth? I have seen the Texas Inst ruments CC2540, which seems intriguing but I was...

Very small microcontroller that does BT SPP
I'm investigating a very (very) small circuit that has a couple simple sensors and will deliver measured data to a host via BT SPP. Money is definitely an object, but I don't have a cost target. At...
1
1

cheap USB-capable MCUs: ARM 32 or AVR 8?
In the price listings that I have at hand, it seems that an USB-capable ("device" mode only needed) ATmega32U4 may cost roughly thrice the cost of a similarly USB-capable ST32F103C8T6 (at 1.65 USD a...
20
20

arm instruction query
Hi All, Could any one of tell me what does the plus sign in the undermentioned denote. LDR r3, [r0,+r1,LSL #1] Without the plus sign its just a simple load instruction. regards ashu
2
2

International Workshop on OpenMP 2013 - Extended paper submission deadline - May 10, 2013
CALL FOR PAPERS: extended submission deadline May 10, 2013 9th International Workshop on OpenMP IWOMP 2013 Sept 16-18, 2013 Canberra, Australia The International Workshop on OpenMP is the premier...

RS485 bus and auto-addressing
I have a small RS485 two-wires network with about ten nodes. I have a master that initiates the communication on the bus. All the other nodes are always in receiving state and start transmitting only...
49
49

Tool for Automatic Testing of Embedded SW
Hi I am looking into possible tools to reduce the errors that comes from code being merged and also on individual code. I am programming mainly in C and I am looking for a tool for automatic testing...
4
4

Linux on ST Microelectronics SPAEr320
Hello does someone succesful use linux 3.5 on the SPEAR320? ST offers a git repository with kernel 3.5. I'm able to compile it, but the configuration looks a bit strange and it does not run. I just...
1
1

14th international CAN Conference
The CiA, CAN in Automation is again organizing a CAN conference. The 14th international CAN Conference will take place at the Eurosites République in Paris (France) on November 12 and 13, 2013....