8051 - UART driver

Hi Experts, I am looking for some UART driver resources as I work on Dallas DS89C450 chip? I need to work with >1mbps in the serial interface? Any help would be appreciated..Thanks again PS

Reply to
Prem

Oh my, that's pretty fast! You didn't say whether those should be assembly language or C language driver resources, but at that speed, I would suppose that you'd be polling regardless, in which case, I think one of the UART polling routines likely to be found on your language toolchain vendor's website should be adequate. I have not used that particular Dallas device, so correct me if I am wrong or if there is something unique about it compared to the other Dallas 8051 derivative UARTs (which I *have* used).

-- Dan Henry

Reply to
Dan Henry

Hi Dan, Thanks, I have also not used this device. This is special architecture and not many emulators support this. That is why I also wanted to know...I will let you know once I start working with the device. PS

Reply to
Prem

Did you check the clock and divider. Can it actually go that fast? If so I assume you are going to deal with the speed issues. Anyway Post the Question at

. You might find an answer.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

If so

the

Hi Neil, I am thinking of doing like f/16 (mode 2) using 20 MHz cystal. It will give something more than 1mbps. Do I miss something here?

Thanks, I will post the Qs in the 8052.com.

PS

Reply to
Prem