8051 - UART driver

Hi Experts,
I am looking for some UART driver resources as I work on Dallas
DS89C450 chip? I need to work with >1mbps in the serial interface? Any
help would be appreciated..Thanks again
PS

Re: 8051 - UART driver

Oh my, that's pretty fast!  You didn't say whether those should be
assembly language or C language driver resources, but at that speed, I
would suppose that you'd be polling regardless, in which case, I think
one of the UART polling routines likely to be found on your language
toolchain vendor's website should be adequate.  I have not used that
particular Dallas device, so correct me if I am wrong or if there is
something unique about it compared to the other Dallas 8051 derivative
UARTs (which I *have* used).

--
Dan Henry

Re: 8051 - UART driver
Hi Dan,
Thanks, I have also not used this device. This is special architecture
and not many emulators support this. That is why I also wanted to
know...I will let you know once I start working with the device.
PS

Re: 8051 - UART driver

Did you check the clock and divider.  Can it actually go that fast?  If so
I assume you are going to deal with the speed issues.  Anyway Post the
Question at WWW.8052.com . You might find an answer.

Re: 8051 - UART driver

If so
the

Hi Neil,
I am thinking of doing like f/16 (mode 2) using 20 MHz cystal. It will
give something more than 1mbps. Do I miss something here?

Thanks, I will post the Qs in the 8052.com.

PS

Site Timeline