8051-based MIDI devices

Some in these groups may recall my Urge To Merge, an 8051-based MIDI merger/processor/interfacer that grew from discussions in rec.music.synth. It's a 2 by 1 merger that includes two footswitch inputs and two relay outputs on 1/4" phone jacks. See it at

I have also designed an 8051-based Generic MIDI I/O board that provides MIDI IN, OUT, and THRU ports, a 4-bit dipswitch, and 26 bits of "parallel" I/O. It can be seen at

Inspired by discussions in rec.audio.pro, I have used the Generic MIDI I/O board to implement a MIDI Timecode (MTC) Display and a MIDI Machine Control (MMC) Decoder. See them at

The UTOM and GMIO can be used to solve a wide range of MIDI processing and interfacing problems and as the basis of custom MIDI products. I supply source code and an assembler so that custom applications can be readily developed by those with the skills and tools to program the 8051.

I have these in stock and ready to sell and can be willing to write custom applications for them, too. Contact me via email for more info.

Watch out for my fail-mail reply address and see my sig for a mildly disguised actual address.

Also, please note the groups to which I have crossposted this article and consider removing those that may not be relevant in follow-ups.

Thanks!

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti