8051 16k flash + 16k Ram

Hi

Can anybody point me to a standard 8051 with at lest 16K program Flash and 16K or more data RAM.

USB may be a plus but component count is the issue.

Regards

Graeme

Reply to
graeme

graeme schrieb:

RAM is always short with these small controllers. None of those which have more than 256 byte is a "standard 8051".

The only type I know that has more than 8k is the uPSD 32xx by STMicroelectronics with up to 32k RAM. Maybe overkill for your application, since those also have hundreds of kilobytes flash, and come in rather large packages.

Computer Solutions has a list of many 8051 derivatives:

Maybe you have a look there. However: verify the search results to the original data sheets.

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

serial SRAM via SPI: N256S08

( was
, is
, will be
)

MfG JRD

Reply to
Rafael Deliano

Have a look at Atmel too.

Cheers Nico

Reply to
Nico Admin

If serial RAM is considered useful, try MRAM:

donald

"graeme" skrev i meddelandet news:Cduzj.33632$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...

Doubt that there is a lot of such 8051 chips available. The ST uPSD combining flash + SRAM and CPLD. Sounds a little esoteric to me. Triscend? Aren't they bankrupt? The Dallas parts seems to be small PCBs with external SRAM/Flash Cypress parts, RAM only, no flash.

Why use an 8051 in the first place. What is the major obstacle to change?

You can get plenty of RAM if you go with a 32 bitter. An AVR32 at 66 Mhz is fast enough to emulate a standard 8051 and you will get USB. If you need 100% peripheral emulation it is more difficult. You typically then rewrite the program to move all references to I/O to simple subroutines which can be implemented in a different way on the 32 bitter.

The new X-Mega AVRs has 16 kB of SRAM, but flash is of course larger than 16 kB.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

At that RAM size you are getting thin on the ground,

ASIX do one, best is perhaps the UPSD3454 : nice family, and quite available - showing thousands in stock at Digikey, (unlike ATxmega..) and it has USB (easily meets 16KF and 16KR)

The SPI Sram N256S08 mentioned is another good option - that opens up a much larger selection pool of devices. FRAM is also possible, but the SRAM device is much cheaper, showing stocked at Future.

Dallas have 64K RAM + Ethernet devices

There are quite a few USB 80C51 variants. New growth is devices like W681308 - VoIP USB Codec. 8051+USB+ADC+DAC These target high volume/low prce, so only have as much ram as most users need.

-jg

Reply to
-jg

Look at

I like this Parts the debugging interface and performance is great.

"graeme" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Cduzj.33632$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...

Reply to
Hansjörg Oesch