802.11b embedded module needed

Hi all,

I'm looking for a 802.11b module to embedd into a wearable mobile system.
The system architecture
has no PCI controller thus no miniPCI (or similar interface) are
interesting. There is no need to
remove the wi-fi engine so I'm looking for a fixed mounted solution (also,
all the solution on a
card are not the best in many extreme environment) letting me to connect
the RF antenna outisde
the box.
What I need could be a module with USB interface (not a USB dongle) or CF
interface on a SMD mount
package. Any suggestion?

Ciao,Stefano

********************************
To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:02:40 +0100, Stefano Adami

will a 2"x2" pcb with a pll, vco, amp, and pic12c508 do? puts out +15dBm at 2.35
to 2.65ghz channel spacing 125khz...

I may have some extra boards...if interested

[]

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
2.35

Is this device 802.11b compatable, or just uses 2.xxghz freq ??
If you have boards, do you have a schematic also ??

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed

2.35

No it is not 802.11b... it's a PLL fractional synthesizer LO uses National semi
PLL lmx2353 chip  phase noise is 85dbc/hz at 10khz offset...

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
In data Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:01:23 GMT, maxfoo

I need a full qualified Wi-Fi product, I do not have the know how to
configure it for 802.11b standard by myself. Is it a certified wi-fi board
or a general purpose one?

    Stefano

********************************
To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:02:51 +0100, Stefano Adami

Sound an interesting board for experimentation, but impossible to make
802.11-compatible,  If you want to use a standard WLAN card, take a
look at our PICmicro product, www.iosoft.co.uk/wlan2.php

Jeremy Bentham
Iosoft Ltd.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
In data Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:33:38 +0000, Jeremy Bentham

Thanks, but what I want to do is exactly do not use a wi-fi CARD. I'm
looking for a module to integrate in my system with the RF connector for
the antenna.

--
********************************
To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed

You can buy Wi-Fi PCMCIA cards with an RF connector for an external
antenna, they're just not as common.

Even major manufacturers take this approach - for a long time (and maybe
still) Cisco's access points used PCMCIA cards for the radio portion,
with diverse antennas even.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
Even the big manufactures, who build the chips, use existing
PCMCIA Wi-Fi cards within their products.  For example, take
a part a Lucent USB client, or a Lucent RG1x00 base station.
Inside, you will find a PCMCIA Wi-Fi card with a "glue" chip
controlling it.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed

Yes, this is the fact! In these solution the problem is the antenna in the
case of a metal box (as it is in my case). A sub-optimum solution could be
a pcmcia card with a RF connector instead of the antenna on it. Do you
know anything like this?

    Stefano

--
********************************
To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed

They could be more difficult to find, but they exist:
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison

Moises Cambra

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed

Orinoco card like the one i this RG1x00 :)
or Senao 200mW

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30 /

Is there a clear pro/con between going Bluetooth vs. 802 for this
use?  What if I want the handheld device to also talk to a PC running a
.net application, does that make a difference in the decision?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions,
Steve

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed

Take a look at MAXIM WEB site. They recently sent me their journal explaining
a two-chips solution to provide for 802.11b interface

Best Regards

/Alessandro

Re: 802.11b embedded module needed
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:02:51 +0100, Stefano Adami

no, it is just a very stable LO you would have to modulate/demod the data
yourself...

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Site Timeline