802.11b embedded module needed

Hi all,

I'm looking for a 802.11b module to embedd into a wearable mobile system. The system architecture has no PCI controller thus no miniPCI (or similar interface) are interesting. There is no need to remove the wi-fi engine so I'm looking for a fixed mounted solution (also, all the solution on a card are not the best in many extreme environment) letting me to connect the RF antenna outisde the box. What I need could be a module with USB interface (not a USB dongle) or CF interface on a SMD mount package. Any suggestion?

Ciao,Stefano

******************************** To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.
Reply to
Stefano Adami

will a 2"x2" pcb with a pll, vco, amp, and pic12c508 do? puts out +15dBm at 2.35 to 2.65ghz channel spacing 125khz...

I may have some extra boards...if interested

[]

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Reply to
maxfoo

2.35

Is this device 802.11b compatable, or just uses 2.xxghz freq ?? If you have boards, do you have a schematic also ??

Reply to
hamilton

In data Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:01:23 GMT, maxfoo ha scritto:

I need a full qualified Wi-Fi product, I do not have the know how to configure it for 802.11b standard by myself. Is it a certified wi-fi board or a general purpose one?

Stefano

******************************** To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.
Reply to
Stefano Adami

Sound an interesting board for experimentation, but impossible to make

802.11-compatible, If you want to use a standard WLAN card, take a look at our PICmicro product,

Jeremy Bentham Iosoft Ltd.

Reply to
Jeremy Bentham

2.35

No it is not 802.11b... it's a PLL fractional synthesizer LO uses National semi PLL lmx2353 chip phase noise is 85dbc/hz at 10khz offset...

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Reply to
maxfoo

no, it is just a very stable LO you would have to modulate/demod the data yourself...

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Reply to
maxfoo

In data Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:33:38 +0000, Jeremy Bentham ha scritto:

Thanks, but what I want to do is exactly do not use a wi-fi CARD. I'm looking for a module to integrate in my system with the RF connector for the antenna.

--
********************************
To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.
Reply to
Stefano Adami

You can buy Wi-Fi PCMCIA cards with an RF connector for an external antenna, they're just not as common.

Even major manufacturers take this approach - for a long time (and maybe still) Cisco's access points used PCMCIA cards for the radio portion, with diverse antennas even.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Walt

Take a look at MAXIM WEB site. They recently sent me their journal explaining a two-chips solution to provide for 802.11b interface

Best Regards

/Alessandro

Reply to
Alessandro Strazzero

In data Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:45:10 -0500, Walt ha scritto:

Yes, this is the fact! In these solution the problem is the antenna in the case of a metal box (as it is in my case). A sub-optimum solution could be a pcmcia card with a RF connector instead of the antenna on it. Do you know anything like this?

Stefano

--
********************************
To answer me please remove the good no-spam information from the address.
Reply to
Stefano ads

They could be more difficult to find, but they exist:

Moises Cambra

Reply to
Moises Cambra

Orinoco card like the one i this RG1x00 :) or Senao 200mW

Pozdrawiam.

--
RusH   //
 http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30/

I'm looking at adding a wireless link to a Palm device or WinCE handheld that will communicate to my embedded controller. Here is the criteria

- around the house range is good enough

- low data speed, even 20-50kbps is good enough.

- off the shelf module for the embedded side with interface to micro without buying/developing complex protocol stack.

- Method of writing software for the handheld, Appforge, VB etc that handles protocol issues and allows (relatively) simple access to data.

Is there a clear pro/con between going Bluetooth vs. 802 for this use? What if I want the handheld device to also talk to a PC running a .net application, does that make a difference in the decision?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions, Steve

Reply to
Steve Letkeman