8-bit board with VGA?

apologies if this question has been asked before...
this newbie is looking for a board with an 8-bit CPU
(an 6808/6811/6812 best of all)
with a VGA output either on board or piggyback
and besides, some or all of the common interfaces
IC - CAN - USB - RS232 - ...

TIA

Karel from the low countries

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?

I used to have the paperwork on an Australian board that used the
Hitachi 64180 (Z80 clone) and had IDE, VGA and various other goodies on
it. Can't find it though -- it looked to be great fun :(

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?
I guess you will have difficulties to find such a 8-bit board with USB, as
very few micros support USB as a host (except Cypress's ?). Why not using a
low cost ARM-based board, like ARMCore (www.compulab.co.il) ?

Cheers,
Robert

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?

-) the list of interfaces was only as an indication
    if USB is hard or expensive to have, i'll go without it
-) the ARM Core was pointed out by others, but at 1600 US$
    it is above budget and worse than slightly!

Thanks just the same!!!

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?

4166b9bf$0$10417$ snipped-for-privacy@news.skynet.be...

Just for the completeness of the answer : The ARMCore is around starting
around $40 depending on options and volumes, but that's right that the
evaluation kit is 1600$, including accessory hw and more importantly
services...

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?

By the way, if cost is an important criterion, there are still ARM
possibilities. For example the Revely RMS101, www.revely.com

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?

Thanks to all who responded!
The REVELY thing comes close
but I'm unsure about programming it in assembler
this is why I prefer the 6808/11/12

Re: 8-bit board with VGA?
Hi Karel , check http://members.optushome.com.au/jekent/Spartan3/index.html
it uses a 100$ fpga board that emulates an 6808 , has VGA and
keyboard.
Viron.