Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Good Qt Book
I'm sure that there is at least one good forum on Qt. But I know most of y'all, I more or less trust your judgment, and I think another embedded software guy is going to do a better job of...
7
7

Should I really increase OS_MUTEXCNT to exit forever loop?
Our embedded target board is ARM7 based Microcontroller. We used Keil tools, which include Keil RTX-RTOS. /* Filename: RTX_lib.c */ static U32 nr_mutex; int _mutex_initialize (OS_ID *mutex) { /*...
13
13

Preferred MCU manufacturer selection
Hi I work as a consultant and my colleagues and I is a rather small group that makes control and automation systems for customers (among other things). We don't do "rocket science" stuff, but of...
58
58

Smallest physical GPS module ?
Hi, For a homer this time, and I need to know where I can obtain 1 off a small (tiny) GPS module and wondered if anyone had done a survey, or happened to know, who makes the physically smallest such...
3
3

Best WSDL client framework for small embedded Linux system ?
Hi, I'm writing some embedded SW that runs on a small embedded Linux system and I need to access some WSDL web services. Can anyone suggest a good (small, clean, easy to use) WSDL client framework...

The Embedded Heap
I know this is a dangerous question to ask, because often people tend to run on emotion with this issue. I ask, because _I_ tend to run on emotion ("hey! That guy suggested using "new"! Where's the...
41
41

OT: Old google groups gone
Since today I could no longer navigate my way to the old groups interface. The new one does not feature the "view as a tree" the old one had which is a great leap "forward", as it had to be expected....
2
2

Simple I/O on Windows PC
Suppose I have an x86-based PC running Windows 7; I have a couple of simple tasks: o Write a single bit to a pin somewhere (perhaps connected to an LED) o Read a single bit from a pin (perhaps...
39
39

OT: Where do I find...
      ...Jim Thompson Any x86 SBC would do, with or without enclosures. We want a bunch of them sharing a single power supply and booting off flash drives. They would NFS to a big hard drive for...
91
91

New Atmel SAMD20 Cortex-M0+ Microcontrollers
Atmel has entered the Cortex-M0+ microcontroller arena. These look like the highest performance ARM Cortex-M0+ microcontrollers. Atmel boasts 8-bit simplicity with 16-bit performance. Article shows a...
14
14

US Regulatory
Hypothetical: If I have a product that plugs in, has power supply, micro, and SSR, can I sell this as a *kit*, even shipping the parts separately, with hypothetical purpose when assembled - without...
3
3

Silicon Labs Buys Energy Micro!
Energy Micro is estimated to do $10 Million in sales for 2013. Silicon Labs paid $170 Million for the company. Article has an analysis with a different understanding of the situation. Bill Giovino...
5
5

Wikipedia goes wrong: is this possible?
The NXP LPC8xx series is expected to be in the 50 cent range (and up). Not bad for a 32-bit RISC in DIP8... :-) (Yes, they do have DIP8.) -jm
21
21

[ANN] LOOPGEN-Fast hardware looping VHDL IPs
The LOOPGEN IP collection provides fast hardware architectures for implementing nested loop structures. The collection comprises of three different architectures (variants), namely: - HWLU, a...

Zilog Buys Microcontroller Product Lines from Samsung Electronics
Zilog (an IXYS company) has purchased a series of 8-bit microcontroller product lines, along with one 4-bit product line, from Samsung Electronics. Article shows a breakdown of the product lines....
1
1