Subject Author Posted Replies

Two EIA232 ports, Ethernet, 24V inputs, custom programming?
Hello All, anybody offering an industrial module, preferable rail mountable, with two EIA232 (RS232) ports, 24V input(s) (preferable with one HW counter) and an Ethernet port? I'm also interested in...
2
2

Easy embedded GUI
For a product I need a simple GUI, but it must be color en look "good". We intend to use a 2.4" - 3.5" MVA or IPS panel and those are available with RGB or processor interface, even SPI is possible....
23
23

usb bios on Dell's Latitude D600
usb bios on Dell's Latitude D600 Dell's D600 boots from a USB/CompactFlash adapter when running MSDOS 5.0 with no Windows xxx included and shows expected USB capabilities of connecting to a keybord or...

Best Scripting Language For Embedded Work?
We develop embedded software for 32-bit micros using Windows as the development platform. We are seeking a general purpose scripting language to automate certain tasks, like cleaning out certain...
59
59

How to assign modbus addresses to slave devices?
PC application is connected to master Gateway embedded controller over USB. Gateway is connected to number of slave embedded controllers over Modbus RTU. I need to assign Modbus addresses to slave...
2
2

Please explain "Encapsulated Interface Transport" from modbus spec.?
The following section from modbus protocol spec. "Encapsulated Interface Transport" for Device Identification. Please explain how to use Function Code 43 and its MEI Type 14. What do they mean by last...

OT: WTD: Cheap Android tables w/ Bluetooth
I have noticed that many of the inexpensive Android tablets (7") do not have Bluetooth. (I guess that helps make them cheap) By cheap I mean under $100 w/free shipping. As the previous posting...
6
6

USB Logic Analyzer
Any (dis)recommendations for PC based USB logic analyzers? I'm looking for something in the order of a few hundred MHz and 16+ channels. programmable logic thresholds is a bit of a necessity these...
18
18

LPC2362 Not entering ISP mode
Hi All, I have a strange problem with my board LPC2362. The fresh controller is getting programmed for the very first time. And the second time onwards the controller is not entering into ISP mode. I...
1
1

Controlling embedded devices from tablet apps
I'm looking for some ideas or suggestions here. We have an embedded system based around a small microcontroller (an AVR XMega, IIRC), connected to a PC using an FTDI chip and a USB cable, with a...
19
19

How to configure application properly?
Hello: I am using Keil uVision version 5.40. I load the application in my target board using Keil ULINK2 Debugger. I can jump to my startup code. When I get to the following instruction: bx __main() I...
10
10

Suggestions for training courses
Hello all, I am in the process of researching the available options for training courses for a small team at my company. We are developing and implementing real-time speech processing and enhancement...

Where is __main?
We use Keil tools to generate C++ embedded application that run in our embedded controller. Our target is ARM 7 based. My initialization code jumps to __main as follows: IMPORT __main LDR R0, =__main...
1
1

[OT] Good Qt Book
I'm sure that there is at least one good forum on Qt. But I know most of y'all, I more or less trust your judgment, and I think another embedded software guy is going to do a better job of...
7
7

Should I really increase OS_MUTEXCNT to exit forever loop?
Our embedded target board is ARM7 based Microcontroller. We used Keil tools, which include Keil RTX-RTOS. /* Filename: RTX_lib.c */ static U32 nr_mutex; int _mutex_initialize (OS_ID *mutex) { /*...
13
13