Subject Author Posted Replies

Simple protocol analyzer?
I have a need to read in lines of text from a serial port onto a PC, and timestamp them. I just need one timestamp per line, preferably for the leading character but I could collect data OK by getting...
14
14

Cortex R4 Tools and Processors
This is related to my "D'oh post" regarding the Cortex M4 floating point size. According to ARM, the Cortex R4 supports double-precision floating point, and it looks like it's maybe more amenable to...
19
19

Comparing phase of physically distant signals
Hi, [posted to S.E.D in the hope that a hardware analog might exist] I synchronize the "clocks" on physically distributed processors such that two or more different machines can have a very finely...
97
97

PTP and its ilk
Hi, I have a PTP-ish implementation, here, that I use to ensure all nodes in distributed ("proprietary") system have a consistent notion of "now". I.e., I can order to arbitrary events originating on...

Avoiding PCB stress from connectors ?
I'm sure there are some standard techniques to minimize this ? Product has a number of connectors on a PCB, mounted in a box. Because the external cabling and connectors will be subjected to stress,...
4
4

Cortex M4 Floating Point Size
I am, apparently, incompetent at reading data sheets. At least when they get up to several hundred pages. Do Cortex M4 parts deal with 64-bit floating point in hardware, or just 32-bit? Thanks...
22
22

ARM Cortex dev kit with 3 axis Gyro + 3 axis accelerometer ?
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap dev kit with an ARM Cortex CPU and both a 3-axis gy ro and a 3-axis accelerometer. Anyone know of such a board ? I really don 't need much else apart from the ability to...
12
12

Wanted: Lauterbach LA-7707
Looking for a used LA-7707 with or without debug cables.

Microcontroller True RMS in Noisy Waveforms
Guys - In measuring True RMS voltage and current, waveforms from non-linear loads like rectifiers chop up the current and cause noise on the voltage. In me asuring with an A/D converter of a...
9
9

Bluetooth LE Modules OLS425/426
I'm looking for a self-contained Bluetooth LE module. Does anyone have any suggestions on an easy to use device? I stumbled upon the OLS425 from connectBlue. Has anyone used this device before? (

Resource revocation
Hi, What's the current "best practices" regarding asynchronous notifications (in a multithreaded environment)? I have a system wherein "tasks" (omit a formal definition) request resources from a...
113
113

Announcement: State-chart code generation from Metamill UML tool
Metamill is a UML 2.3 modeling software, for visual design of UML state dia grams. We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the sinelabore code-generator now supports C/C++/Java code...

Easily CLONE, COMPILE and RUN environment for eCos
I made an easily CLONE, COMPILE and RUN environment for eCos:D

Cutting panels
Hi, I need to fabricate a "patch panel" for a network distribution point. Most COTS panels are fabricated in multiples of 12 or 24. E.g., 1x12, 1x24 (as 12+12), 4x24, etc. Graphically, something like:...
110
110

Plumbing
Hi, I need to instrument a domestic (commercial) potable water supply. Specifically, I need: - electrically operable stop for main supply - electrically operable stop for each sink, etc. -...
40
40