Subject Author Posted Replies

PoE/PoE+ PD controller recommendations
Hi, Anyone with *first-hand* experience deploying PD controllers in a PoE or PoE+ application? This seems to be a fringe area and manufacturers with shallow/specific product lines (i.e., "unknowns")....
2
2

SK hynix memory solutions is hiring in San Jose, CA
We have multiple openings for Senior or Junior level engineers. It?s not hard? we are just asking for great coders who can join our team of codin g superstars. SK Hynix Memory Solutions is located in...

stm8 development board with at least 4KB of RAM?
I'm looking for an stm8 development board with at least 4KB of RAM, but it seems that all the boards have only 2KB. Does anyone know of one with at least 4KB of RAM? Philipp
1
1

linking libraries to banked segments with cosmic c
I'm using the cosmic c tools version 4.4.22 (for the Freescale 9S12 MCU) and would like to be able to link MY OWN libraries to banked segments. I am thinking that if I compile the code that goes into...

What's the maximum RAM size that can be embedded in an ASIC today?
Hi all, Is it possible to embed 10 or 100 or 1,000 GBytes of RAM inside an ASIC design today? In general, what would be the maximum I could fit, if cost is not a limitation? Why? Our need would be for...
21
21

ISO "privacy" forums
Hi, Looking for pointers to forums (fora? :> ) devoted to *serious* discussions re: privacy issues. I'm not interested in dealing with the right/left screaming wack-jobs who are driven by emotional...

Routing signals under crystals
Hello, We got a product that uses a low power RTC crystal and a 12Mhz crystal on a 4 layer board. The inner layers are VCC and GND. Should I remove the VCC o r/and GND under any of both crystals?...
24
24

OFFTOPIC?: arm-linux-gnueabi-gdb error with cortex-m3 code
So I have encountered a very odd gdb error that I cant make sense of. I am using version 4.4.5 of the gcc tools (arm-linux-gnueabi) and version 7.0.1 of the gdb (arm-linux-gnueabi) debugger. I am...
9
9

AREF bypass capacitance on ATMega2560?
Folks, What's the usual capacitance? Any stability issues there? I was planning on using a 1uF X7R ceramic cap on the AREF pin of an ATMega2560, in order to be able to use its internal bandgap...
58
58

Freescale 9S12 Shared I/Os
Hi, I have a requirement to use bits 6 and 7 of Port J on a Freescale MC9S12DG128CPVE device as an IIC peripheral. It is not clear to me whether or not, in addition to simply "turning on" the...

Longshot: TI-500 Series Indicators firmware
Hi, I designed a system to track "weighings" at a local non-profit. I.e., "talk to" electronic pallet scales and record the weights of items on those scales. Scales consist of a "weighing platform"...
10
10

Tone Deafness
Like a good percentage of human males, I'm partially color blind to green and red. In my case, it's enough that I can't tell the difference between a green or a red LED -- so a piece of equipment that...
72
72

68hc05 705
Any one still working with 68hc705 68hc05 micros?? Bill --- news:// - complaints: ---
9
9

Simple protocol analyzer?
I have a need to read in lines of text from a serial port onto a PC, and timestamp them. I just need one timestamp per line, preferably for the leading character but I could collect data OK by getting...
14
14

Cortex R4 Tools and Processors
This is related to my "D'oh post" regarding the Cortex M4 floating point size. According to ARM, the Cortex R4 supports double-precision floating point, and it looks like it's maybe more amenable to...
19
19