Subject Author Posted Replies

Automotive MCUs
I'm currently looking to specify two MCUs for an automotive application. The first will be driving an small OLED and the second will be driving solenoids (and some other duties). Both connected via...
9
9

HDLC Normal Responde Mode implementation
I was searching for a reliable and simple protocol for a multidrop master/slave RS485 network. Reliable means it should work well if some errors occur, so it should provide retransmissions and...
7
7

inverse time relay
Hi Folks I am wanting to implement in inverse time over current relay in a microcontroller for electrical system protection. I know the formulas for calculate the appropriate time delay but I'm...
4
4

Managing "capabilities" for security
Hi, Not sure exactly how I want to ask this question; i.e., how best to differentiate the examples where X should be allowed vs X should be prohibited. I have a capabilities based security model. Each...
55
55

Startup problems, Olimex LPC-L2294
I have a straight out of the box Olimex Arm-7 board, plugged into a just purchased Segger J-link JTAG adaptor. On powering up, the host software can't detect the target, the LED on the JTAG modules is...
3
3

ds18b20 invalid CRC problem
Hello, I've have a temperature monitoring system using Maxim DS18B20 temperature s ensors. To verify correct temperature, I compare the sensor crc (Byte8) in the sctatchpad with the calculated crc....
8
8

"Design investments" for the Future
Hi, While this may sound like a "musing", it obviously affects each of us (and our successors) to varying degrees... I'm interested in *opinions* regarding "what can be done" to improve the sorts of...
21
21

problem with python-ctypes on embedded systems
Hi, I tried to add pyusb to buildroot ( ) and run into problems with ctypes not load ing the appropriate libusb backend ( ). The problem is associated with the way how ctypes package detects the name...
3
3

TFT LCD controller
I'm looking for a low cost solution to connect a TFT LCD at least 7" to the microcontroller by UART/SPI/I2C. I have to show only static graphic with touch operations. FT800 chip looks nice, but...
5
5

1-800-IM-STUCK 1800imstuck.com SCAM FRAUD FALSE ADVERTISING THIEVE
1-800-IM-STUCK SCAM FRAUD FALSE ADVERTISING THIEVES SCAM FR AUD FALSE ADVERTISING THIEVES BAIT AND SWITCH Plainview New York CLASSIC BAIT AND SWITCH. 1-800-IM-STUCK ARE SCAM FRAUD FALSE ADVERTISING TH...
2
2

kmalloc()ing HUGE buffers in excess of 1Gb - bigphysarea alternatives?
I have got a high speed multi-channel data acquisition PCIE device that would benefit from allocating huge buffers for the dma controller. I have got a system with 48Gb of ram and I would like to lock...
19
19

Zynq devices, boards and suppliers
I'd like to pick people's brains about aspects of different *suppliers* of Zynq boards. Avnet and Digilent are front-runners, but any info/opinions about other suppliers would be helpful too. - ease...
23
23

Ethernet questions
Hello folks. I have been trying to implement a 10BASE-T Ethernet interface and in so doing, I have parsed the relevant portions of IEEE 802.3. While the standard does a marvelous job explaining the...
7
7

Soc with SLIC/PCM (Codec) interface.
Hi ! I need a something like a SoC (ARM, PPC ...etc) with an embedded SLIC/PCM interface. A perfect solution would be one supported by GNU/Linux kernel. I try ggogling with these Keywords...
12
12

OT? PSP development
Hi, I'd like to write a little app to allow a PSP to be used as a "wireless display/terminal". I've already developed a suitable framework for the PocketPC platform and would like to try for a common...
20
20