Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: examples of arm assem.
ARM has at least 4 instruction sets: 1. The classic 32-bit ISA (32-bit instructions operating on 32 bit data) 2. Thumb compressed 16-bit instructions (operating on 32 bit data) 3. Thumb-2 compressed...
8
8

Can ST Cube IDE do 32F4 execution time profiling?
The internet is full of posts from people tearing their hair out trying to use this tool :) I have it running OK although 99% of it is a mystery. And the code which the configurator generates is crap...

STM32 CUBE project
So, i created the ADC1 & PIOC13 blinker, bit it does me no good without knowing what the analog values are. But when i try to create an USB_CDC device, it complaints about: ADC1: partly disable...
9
9

gcc .data and .bss address space
What is the compiler option and/or directive to change the "Addr" field of elf file? If i use: .bss .data .org 0x100000 it simply increase the "Off" and create a huge file. The chip's ram is at...
22
22

"Appliance" updates
How often -- and for how long -- do folks find consumer "appliances" (TVs, DVRs, phones, etc.) being actively updated? How prevalent is the "if you want newer firmware, buy a new product" attitude?

ST Cube IDE - where is GDB server logging level set?
This bit I posted this on the ST forums and the reply doesn't work, and that's the end of it - the place gets so many posts, mostly never solved... Clearly there are multiple configs for this around...
4
4

How to change stm32 m4 adc channel?
Does anyone know how to do it in register level? I see many code examples using: ADC_ChannelConfTypeDef sConfig = {ADC_CHANNEL_0, 1, ADC_SAMPLETIME_28CYCLES}; HAL_ADC_ConfigChannel(&hadc1, &sConfig);...
10
10

Are there any ST 32F417 / Cube IDE / STLINK / C developers on here?
I am working on a project and need a bit of help here and there. I am working on it with someone who knows a lot more than I do but he is available only 1 day a week, so instead of posting questions...
7
7

C++, Ada, ...
What do you think about different languages than usual C for embedded systems? I mean C++, Ada but also Python. Always more powerful embedded processors are coming, so I expect new and modern...
55
55

Arm registers
Arm Cortex assembley code Does the Arm Cortex support both the "thumb" 16 bit machine codes and also the 32 bit codes? I had been under the impression that Cortex devices only provided the thumb codes...
23
23

Static analysis tool?
Perhaps someone here can help... I'm doing a presentation on techniques for embedded, especially removing and keeping out bugs ;-) Using an example project from last year. A reviewer of my first draft...
14
14

Using C preproc to uniquely identify structure members
I could use some advice for a problem that I've had on my mind for years. I'm looking for a black box function that will examine a memory block of a known structure and output a list of IDs that point...
11
11

Task, process, thread, etc.
I've been refactoring some of my RTOS documentation. Comments from the reviewers suggest there's still some confusion as to terms (despite the fact that I explicitly define them! :< ) All seem to...
27
27

Multi-master RS485
Are there any *real* implementation of multi-master half-duplex RS485 bus? I often use half-duplex RS485 and I always use a master-slave polling protocol. This choice dramatically reduce the...
30
30

Linux embedded and direction control of RS485 transceiver
I have an half-duplex RS485 bus with 10-20 different nodes. Some of them are 8-bit MCU based, one of them could be Linux embedded. It's half-duplex, so it's important for the transmitter node to...
21
21