68HC908 programming 32.768 kHz crystal

I am trying to learn the HC908. From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers, and a 32.768 kHz crystal, power and serial data than I should be ready to go? maybe. Is it possible to program the chip without a higher (8 MHz?) oscillator? IE using the PLL w/o software control. Anyone have any basic circuits that they could recommend to help me get started? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
galto

You've got the general idea, but the details are different for the various members of the HC908 family. Goto

and in about 3 clicks you can be at the selection page for the 908 family. Pick the one you are using and download the User's Manual. All will be revealed.

Reply to
Dave Rooney