68332 CS0 problem can't access 2nd bank of flash

Hi

I am working on a new design and am stuck with a problem.

I have 2 banks of flash and am having problems accessing the second bank.

The Flash are 8Mb (1 Mb x 8b) Boot Block parts.

When I monitor the CS of the 1st bank with an oscilloscope, which comes from CSBOOT from the 68332 I see the signal transition when I access it. This is working fine. My register values are:

CSBARBT 0007

CSORBT 7B70

When I monitor the CS line of the 2nd bank with an oscilloscope, which comes from CS0 from the 68332 I DO NOT see a transition. This is the problem. I also get an error in Vision Click when I try to access it. My register values are

CSBAR0 1007

CSOR0 7B70

CSPAR0 2FFF

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

Reply to
James Murphy

This sets 1MB from $100000 - $1FFFFF What address are you trying to access?

Looks OK

This sets CS0 to a 16-bit port. Looks like you want 8-bit, but this should not prevent CS0 from going low.

What is the value of SIMCR? The MM-bit changes the base address of the configuration registers. You might be accesing the wrong addresses, this does not stop CSBOOT from working, because it is enabled on reset. You did read back the values you wrote in the registers?

--
Stef

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe."
                -- Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Reply to
Stef