6800 Assembler for Windows 7

I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating system. Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?

Thanks Mark

Reply to
morsemh

If no one can offer some more recent suggestions I have copies of assemblers for various members of the 6800 family at

in both C source and DOS executable form.

Those programs are OLD - in particular, the source is old enough to be pre-ANSI C. I have vague memories of compiling it on more recent systems and while it's not overly problematic a little fettling is required. The biggest problem I recall quickly looking at the sources is that there is no makefile or similar showing how the sources fit together, so you'll have to figure that out for yourself. It was long enough ago that I don't recall any details to be of assistance.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org

Back in the day, I used to use the Cross-32 Meta-Assembler for all microcontroller programming. It seems to still be available:

Mel.

Reply to
Mel Wilson

I've just had another look at it and got it working in a few minutes. The only thing that needed to be done to build on this NetBSD system was convert the filenames to lowercase and strip off the ^Z EOF markers - for Windows you shouldn't need to do either. "as0.c" is what you need to compile to build the 6800 assembler - it #includes everything else.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org

Anton Erasmus

Not an answer to what you are looking for - but may add some fun to the thread. On our DPS machines MDOS09 can be run in an emulation window - it emulates an old system of ours. There one does have the original RASM, (well, and RASM09), RLOAD etc.(feel the 70-es... :-) :-) ). A shot I've made some time ago with a few instances of that emulation thing:

Not a very practical offer as the cheapest thing being a DPS machine on offer is the netMCA-2:

, but hopefully will be some fun for some people to see.

Dimiter

dp

Boy I forgot about white on blue terminals. I'll have to go back to those. Weren't they standard on Alpha system consoles?

Mark DeArman

Reply to
Mac Decman

Certainly with Alpha based VMS systems they are.

The console is a normal VGA style display; it's the system software which chooses white text on a blue background when running in text mode.

Simon.

Simon Clubley

I think I "reinvented" these colours somewhere around 1989, on the text/graphics terminal of the system which is emulated (it actually does look the way it did, although back then it would do up to 640x408 pixels (408, right, not 480 :-) ). I may well have been influenced by DEC though, I had seen (never really used) a VAX of theirs which had these colours just a few months before I set the colours I'd use on that machine... I have clearly liked them, my DPS shell windows come in these colours as well even now (they were mono up until 2000).

So I'd be glad if you "go back to those", always nice to have some company :-).

Dimiter

dp

I wrote a 6800 assembler some years back (with tasm syntax). if you have a windows compiler I can email you the source code. it will compile just the same under Windows as it would under Linux =- all commandline driven

Sam

Reply to
asa386

White-on-blue is nice, but yellow-on-black is more 1980s.

RCIngham

I retested this on a Win7-64 box yesterday and it works. See also

Stephen

Reply to
stephen

.

c Instruments

Indeed - and on that screenshot the windows in which the yellow on black texts are are among those which emulate the mentioned machine from the 80-s :-). That graphics editor was the main reason why I did the emulation in the first place, I had loads of PCBs etc. in that format (all I have done since the 80-s when I wrote the editor itself).

Dimiter

dp