Subject Author Posted Replies

MAC vs MAC+PHY
What's the difference? -- Randy Yates Digital Signal Labs
2
2

ST ARM versus Atmel ARM?
This is a bit of a simplistic Q and I am in the early stages of deciding... My background is a huge amount of assembler on Z80, Z180, Z280, 80x86, 8031, 8051, AT90S1200, H8/300, etc. Plus a bit of C....
24
24

Is Watchdog Driver execution are ROM or RAM ?
Hello, Our target board is wired with Renesas RH850D1x Microcontroller. I'm using Renesas Watchdog Drivers. Is watchdog driver execution area from ROM(flash) or RAM for this microcontroller ?...
1
1

microcontroller search
Hello All, Iam looking to buy a microcontroller board which has a 4.3" LCD, ethernet, USB, ADC controller within the uC and pin out for use and GPIOs. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Srinivas...
4
4

Can we use Unity TDD framework in Renesas HEW
I would like to develop test cases in my existing code in Renesas HEW for M16C. I would like to use Unity TDD framework. I have got the files downloaded. I have included these files in my project and...

How to see printf() or Putchar() output in HEW simulator
Just created a project as type "application" and added a printf() call in main(). Executed this code in "M16C R8C Simulator" as Target. I referred M16C Compiler Guide chapter "6.4 Using printf for...

Replace Keil/ARM tools
For many years I've been using Keil/ARM's C compiler. Recently we started using the so called 'middleware' which was, to put it at its best, a rather mixed experience. They have just released (couple...
43
43

ARM based processor with TRACE32
Hi All, I am using ARM based SoC, and using Lauterbach to bring it up. I using u-boot as my boot loader, and I did DDR register settings for 800MHz DDR3 and I am able to load my u-boot code, and...
1
1

Reprogramming a uC FLASH while running code - STM32F
I have used a variety of different micros (Z80 onwards) since about 1980 but all the PROM or FLASH based ones (e.g. H8/300 or Atmel 90S1200) were programmed externally, via a spring-contact adaptor....
24
24

AT commands: how to detect unsolicited result codes
As you know, modems (GSM, GSM/GPRS, PSTN, ...) are controlled by a host microcontroller through AT commands send to a asyncronous serial port. The modem answers with a message. Commands and answers...
11
11

ARM's v7 MMU
Hi, Any pointers as to idiosyncrasies in ARM's v7 MMU? (no, I'm not looking for information as to how to *use* it; rather, pointers regarding any "unexpected behaviors" that I might encounter --...
15
15

Call for Papers :: ICETC2014 :: Poland
The International Conference on Education Technologies and Computers (ICETC 2014) September 22-24, 2014 Lodz University of Technology, Lodz, Poland The conference aims to enable researchers build...

OT: Thunderbird vs. Eternal-September
I have been having a number of problems ever since I got a new laptop with Windows 8. I'm not sure I can blame this one on Windows though. I use Thunderbird to access newsgroups and it seems to mostly...
5
5

PIC development on Linux
Is anyone in the group doing PIC development on Linux? I've got a project that really demands a sort of turbocharged 555, for which a PIC 10xxx or 12xxx would be perfect. I'm pretty sure it's small...
29
29

Call for Participation: ACM SIGPLAN TRUST'14 @ PLDI'14 with a panel on conference artifact evaluation and reproducible research
=============================================================== CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ACM SIGPLAN TRUST 2014 co-located with PLDI 2014 1st Workshop on Reproducible Research Methodologies and New...