Subject Author Posted Replies

How to test a TFT with RGB in a simple way
I'm starting a new project that will use a small 4.3" TFT LCD display with resistive touch panel and RGB interface. I never used TFT displays in the past, so I'm not sure what is the best solution for...
6
6

D'uh... (low vision product)
Sheesh! This has got to be one of the most *obvious* ideas... I picked up an older version of same, recently, and suspect it won't be far from my work table henceforth! Good to see simple applications...
44
44

Interesting question on sci.engr.control
Title says it -- there's an interesting and on-topic question on the usually-moribund I'd love it if that group came to life again, so feel free to go look! (I told the guy to post it there OR to...
13
13

Windows 8 and Help Files
I seem to recall that my older Vista machine didn't work with the old school .chm windows help files. It seems Windows 8 isn't much better. I have a calculator app Excalibur that will pop up a help...
7
7

What is fixed interrupt vector table ?
Processor manual says the following: "The fixed interrupt vector table is allocated to the addresses from 0xFFFDC to 0xFFFFF. Therefore, store the start address of each interrupt routine here." The...
9
9

rate monotonic scheduler + interrupt
Hi everyone, now that I've learned about 'rate monotonic scheduling' (see my previous post here: ) I'd like to understand whether or not on such algorithm I can think about plugging an 'interrupt' in...
19
19

Software UART driver
Hi all, I have tried to look an answer for this on the web, but I mainly got "no can do" (timing issue). Kernel: 2.6.3x MCU: atmel at91 (9263) I wish to get/write a driver to bitbang a couple of gpios...
22
22

evaluation of boot execution time
Hi everyone, I'm trying to understand how much time it takes for my system to boot and I define 'booting' as the process from 'cpu reset' to begin of execution of my 'main' program (if a better...
11
11

bus allocation strategy
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if here's the best place were to talk about this subject and I'd be glad if someone post the message wherever is more appropriate. I'm architecting a system that has a master...
19
19

measuring current consumption in uC with very low power modes
Hi to all, often i have to measure the current absorbed by small circuits,in battery appplications Normally i deal with consumptions big as 20mA in run mode and 2uA in sleep mode. One method that...
9
9

Disk imaging strategy
Hi, I'm writing a bit of code to image disk contents REGARDLESS OF THE FILESYSTEM(s) contained thereon. This doesn't have to be "ideal" (defined as "effortless", "minimal image size", etc.) but should...
95
95

Seeking advice: Getting into entry-level embedded engineering
Hi all, I'm looking for advice about being an embedded engineer. I have a BS and MS in electrical engineering, an MBA and a certificate in embedded systems en gineering. After completing my last...
16
16

Android & iOS tools
A customer wants both apps in 2 weeks. Gee, i can barely do Android in two weeks. iOS is completely new to me. I can run ADK on Linux. Are there i OS tools available on Linux? How about Android Java...
17
17

How to write a software description document?
I have written software for an embedded system. All commands are received b y UART. Now I must create a document that describes the software and how it works together with the hardware on that circuit...
11
11

Parsers for extensible grammars?
Hi, [I probably should direct this at George... :> ] I'm writing a command parser. Some set of commands are "common". But, other instances of the parser are augmented with additional commands/syntax....
43
43