56F8000 bootloader application test file

I am trying to find "test_app_56F801x.S" S-Record file or the source that is supposedly included with this Codewarrior IDE. (CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale DSP56800/E Hybrid Controllers, version 7.1)

I can't locate either the source or the .S file in any of the directories. Does anyone have this or know where I can find it ?

I am having suspicions that support for this product is not going to be very good. There are phone numbers for Freescale but it would sure be nice if there was a good forum to bounce questions from people using this stuff. I find user's forums normally have more info flying around and many more can benefit from the answers.

The yahoo groups.yahoo.com/group/motoroladsp is moderated and my posting from the other day hasn't even shown up yet. I am used to having forums available at least for the processors I have been using lately and all have been very helpful. I dont' see too much activity on the comp.dsp or embedded newsgroups relating to these DSP lately. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Google is usualy very good at finding good stuff though. Not this file though. Years ago I played with the old Motorola 56001 DSPs with success.

Thanks, boB K7IQ Everett, WA

From the Bootloader manual:

Appendix A Serial Bootloader Test Application A simple test application is provided for the Serial Bootloader application. This application fills the entire Program Flash array with functional code, along with a sequential data pattern. When executed, the application checks for the expected pattern of data in the Program Flash locations not used for storing code. If the data pattern verification was successful, the application blinks a green LED at 1Hz. Otherwise, a red LED blinks at 1Hz to indicate failure. To download the Serial Bootloader test application, use the host terminal program of choice to send the select the appropriate test_app_56F801x.S S-Record file after booting a 56F801x device preloaded with the Serial Bootloader application. The Serial Bootloader test application is available in a S-record format for each

56F801x device (i.e., test_app_56F8013, test_app_56F8014, etc.). The software is also available as a Metrowerks? Codewarrior project, capable of reproducing the test_app_56F801x S-record files.
Reply to
boB_K7IQ

I would say to try the Freescale website:

in the list of software and appnotes for the DSP56F800/E

I have found several of the bootloaders and demo software for other processors on their site.

Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
MetalHead