56800/E dsp jtag adapter?

Hi,

in the CodeWarrior v7.2 for the Freescale hybrid 56800/E DSP series it is stated the IDE can program e.g. 56F8322 using the Motorola JTAG Parallel Port Converter (which, as this is a hobby project, I'm not very inclined to buy for >$200 and wait 4+ weeks for).

One (inofficial?) schematic for the Motorola JTAG Parallel Port Converter is apparently at

and like most other converters uses 74hc244's.

Has anyone tried this adapter and knows if it works with the 56800 hybrid series too? Or does anyone know of an alternative programmer and schematics?

thanks, - Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner

The 56858 EVM has a jtag / parallel port converter built in. I copied this section onto breadboard for cheap, worked first time.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Unbeliever

this

Oh, the schematics are in the user manual above.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Unbeliever

this

I did the same years ago with a DSP56303. Also used the EVM board, pulled all JTAG jumpers to disconnect the interface to the target and host on the EVM and used that host to do the JTAG debugging on my own hardware. Worked like a charm.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Have a look to the Chameleon POD. We have the config of the Motorola JTAG Parallel Port on the Chameleon POD. Also, buying the Chameleon POD, you will have access to

- Raven and Wiggler JTAG Interface for your ARM processor,

- Xilinx Parallel Cable for your Xilinx FPGA,

- ByteBlaster for your Altera ...

We have large stock and we ship worldwide (3-4 days).

more details from

Larry

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------ Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your customers drift off to free webmail services install your own web gateway!

-- See

----

Reply to
Laurent Gauch

Ah yes, that was of course obvious. I didn't even check 56800E EVMs since those for other DSP devel kits I've seen till now usually had USB or a CPLD or FPGA LPT... Thanks for the link! I'll go & build that converter. Chameleon POD looks like an interesting solution, might consider that one too for later projects... :-)

regards, - Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner