Subject Author Posted Replies

AAME Certification preparation
Can you please suggest me something else as the The Definitive Guide to the ARM Cortex-M3 - ARM

seeking USB interface/breakout board with 2x serial, GPIO...
Hi all I'm trying to source a prototyping/interfacing board to control via a desktop PC with USB port. Ideally it should have the following ports on it: - 1 RS-232 port - 1 RS-485 port - 'a few' (say...
16
16

Languages, is popularity dominating engineering?
As I began my career in software and systems, choosing a programming language was at times serious. Over the years it seems that choosing a programming language has become: what is popular (or...
160
160

Replacing LPC2478 with LPC1788
Hi, I have a lpc2478 PCB, with 16M SDRAM, 1/4 VGA LCD i. a. This board has run perfect for years. The SDRAM is 2x Micron MT48LC16M4A2. In order to modernize this PCB, the cpu is replaced with the...
11
11

delta sigma mod. for BLDC motor controller
Ok, here we go again with my lack of knowledge on digital control, so pardon me if it looks I'm just waving hands in the blind (I'm not blind but I'm italian and waving hands is pretty much a genetic...
3
3

"starter kits" disposition
Hi, What do folks do with "starter kits" they no longer use? Repurpose them for "little projects" (like what?)? Salvage components from them? Toss them out? etc.
15
15

The nuts at TI who write datasheets
Apparently the screwballs at TI think that incomplete data sheets are acceptable to customers. The TCA1116 is an I2C I/O expander. The data sheet on the TI web site and everywhere else I could find it...
13
13

Creating a wireless mesh from scratch
Last week, I had a (telephone) interview with a company who said that (they thought) their problem required a wireless mess solution but that the environment that they worked in was too noisy for the...
31
31

Modern debuggers cause bad code quality
Hi All, of course, the subject is just a rant to make you read and comment this. Did developers two decades ago think better before they started coding? In the early days of embedded computing, most...
106
106

[DHT22]
hi everybody. I have a not so good experience with DHT22 I have two and even when placed in the same circuit( replacing each other) they don't give same results, with important differences. Any Idea??...
7
7

FPGA on Android
- non-volatile FPGA plus FTDI USB chip - connects to an Android host mode USB port - application software in Lua, with Java interface/driver - high-level Gideros software for whizzy graphics - FPGA...
13
13

Master/slaves network protocol
I have a "smart device" SD that is the master on a RS485 master/slaves half-duplex network. The user interact with a "dumb device" DD (slave) and he should have the illusion to interact directly with...
9
9

LPC1788 bldc examples
Looking for LPC1688 BLDC motor control examples please.
4
4

writing program memory programmatically in MB-lite
Hi there, I'm trying to understand if in an MB-lite I could use the program to read/write itself. The main idea behind is the implementation of a 'memory scrubber' which detects and corrects errors in...
8
8

Open source (pref) assymetric crypto C library for ARM Cortex M3 ?
Hi, Question as title : I have an existing product that has an ARM Cortex M3 C PU and which I need to retrofit with assymetric crypto to send small amount s of encrypted data. The CPU I am landed with...
3
3