Subject Author Posted Replies

MCU reset and internal SRAM starting values
I often use with success a simple way to implement a bootloader: #define START_MAGIC 0xAA55AA55 uint32_t start_application __attribute__((section=".noinit")); void main(void) { ... if...
2
2

USART interrupt on transmission
The UART/USART peripheral usually available in many microcontrollers triggers a few interrupts. Two of them are DRE (data register empty, as named in AVR documentation) and TXC (transmitter complete)....
4
4

gcc: NOLOAD and .noinit
I usually don't touch linker script of my development system, sincerely I can't read every details of a linker script, so I'm in trouble now. As explained in my previous post, I need to avoid zeroing...
7
7

gcc ld and bss sections on SDRAM
My platform is LPC546xx, Cortex-M4 by NXP, and the build environment is based on GCC ARM toolchain (MCUXpresso IDE). However the question is generic. The default linker script instructs linker to put...
4
4

ds18B20
I am using several ds18b20 for projects, but every now an then some give What is causing this, is there a way to prevent this? Other question: Is there a way to connect ( and use) a DS18B20 (or other...
1
1

gerber outline
's quote section took a gerber .zip file (generated by Eagle version 3.5) and said it couldn't find the board outline. It showed a few other problems too which have been fixed, thanks to several...
2
2

WiFi module
I need to develop a custom board with WiFi connectivity and a UART(RS485). The UART will be connected to a proprietary device with a proprietary protocol, no problem on this. The board should connect...
10
10

Recommendation: Cheap (free!) IoT cloud service
I'm setting up a household water-tank level sensor that I'd like to be able to monitor from (practically) anywhere to a mobile device or remote PCusin g the above-mentioned ESP8266-based setup. The...
11
11

Anyone here familiar with the STM Cube IDE USB stack, for writing to a slow FLASH device?
The background is here and here but nobody seems to know. However lots of people must have gone up this path... I am happy to give somebody some money to do this bit of code.

Unit testing frameworks for embedded c
Until now, I was not be able to arrange a full unit testing for any of my projects, but I want to invest some time to learn this method of development. There are plenty C unit testing frameworks out...
2
2

Gerbv rant
The Idea was to bypass the lame gui using the cmdline opts but it can't combine on export. So the second try was just translating then doing the 1hour-clicky-dance to combine everyhing. But as it...
1
1

buying unlocked cell phones
Anyone know of a good source for an "unlocked" cell phone, a basic type along the lines of an "LG Classic Flip". I've bought 3 "unlocked" versions over the internet so far; 2 were locked tight as...

Makefile or IDE?
When I download C source code (for example for Linux), most of the time I need to use make (or autoconf). In embedded world (no Linux embedded), we use MCUs produced by a silicon vendor that give you...
42
42

navigation math
Anyone know the method for calculating a reciever's position from the time difference between three rf pulse transmiters of known positions? This has apparantly been in use since the second world war...
12
12

Function pointers: good or bad things?
"I think MISRA C disallows function pointers, partly for this reason." Are function pointers really bad things? Sincerely I found them useful and lastly I was using them more and more. Am I wrong?...
8
8