4G embedded router

I have a device with an Ethernet connection that the user usually connects to ADSL router.

I'd like to offert a 4G connectivity too. I could replace the Ethernet adapter board with a 4G adapter board, but the effort is too high for us.

So I'm thinking to use a 4G router, that is similar to ADSL router, but has a 4G modem instead of ADSL model. There are many products available on the market.

However I'd like to embed a 4G router in my product for many reasons: better customer impression and the possibility to supply the router when the mains is absent (my product has an internal battery as a secondary power source).

So I'm searching for a small embeddable board that features a SIM holder, a 4G modem and 1 or 2 Ethernet ports. I will connect my Ethernet board to this 4G router. Do you know of something similar?

How difficult is to design this?

Reply to
pozz

Be glad if you find one which will allow you to do PPP... Good luck.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

No, I'm searching a board with a "full" router OS that features a DHCP server (so my Ethernet board receive automagically an IP address) and will route all incoming packets from 4G connection to the Ethernet port and viceversa.

The router OS should try to keep the 4G connection active all the time with the mobile operator.

The goal is to avoid changing the firmware on my Ethernet board.

Reply to
pozz

You mean you want a '4G router', for instance:

(add your own USB 4G stick)

or are you constrained by needing a bare board (standard mount points, etc)? Then things like:

if you're feeling brave.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Den 2019-10-08 kl. 12:44, skrev pozz:

Check out

Not a board, but a box which looks promising.

/AP

Reply to
A.P.Richelieu

Il 10/10/2019 00:49, A.P.Richelieu ha scritto:

Yes, it could be good. Unfortunately the power supply seems only 5Vdc

Reply to
pozz

something like this?

bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to

Thanks for suggestions, but I was searching something much smaller.

Reply to
pozz

I've used Teltonika routers in many projects, they've also got them as boards:

mikko
Reply to
Mikko OH2HVJ