433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Hi guys,

Somehow most companies offer all sorts of modules but no "ready-to-sell"
remotes that are a tad above the performance of keyfobs. What I am
looking for:

3 buttons, custom overlay.
International approvals (meaning 433MHz or 2.45GHz).
<$20/1k, yearly volume several k.
Outdoor range a reliable 500ft, ideally more.
Customizeable codes.
Works together with a low cost chipset, for example from TI.
Size max 1.5" by 2", 1/2" high, plus belt clip.
Integrated stub antenna can be another inch or so.
Very sturdy, for example ABS.

I am aware of the Linx brand. Any others? Ideally we'd want to make sure
two brands work so we have a 2nd source situation.

Copied c.a.embedded because there may be folks who deal with radio
controlled embedded systems.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com /

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Has to be 433 for 500ft I would have thought......I use Nordic nrf905....

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Thanks, but that's a module and we are looking for a complete packaged
product, with the required papers from agency approval labs.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com /

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

You should also check how the link performs with nearby 5-50 W
transmitters on the same or nearby (hundreds of kHz) frequency as your
433 MHz link.

In Europe, the 433 ISM band is in the actively used part of the 70 cm
amateur radio band, so quite strong signals may also be present at
that band.

At least the old keyfob system receivers had very bad selectivity,
getting blocked by transmitters hundreds of kHz away. A person is
approaching his/her car, a nearby handheld amateur radio transceiver
is activated and the operator describes what the car owner is doing,
when the doors do not open, people seem to do all kind of funny thing,
when trying to get the car open with the remote control :-).

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Yes, Paul, I know. But what can one do? Europe doesn't allow the VHF
bands we have here and the only common denominators worldwide are 433MHz
and 2.45GHz. 2.45GHz often has range problems.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com /

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

"Range" problems? Since that's close to the microwave oven freq's, there's
got to be some kind of joke in there.

(In America, a "range" is an oven with a stove on top.)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Suitable for cooking venison and antelope meat?

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

And seldom is heard
A discourging word,
Because what can an antelope say? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Only if an insane hunter was responsible for somehow finding his way
to the kitchen with the meat.  "Home, home on, deranged!"

--
Friends of Jade Warrior home page:  http://www.radagast.org/jade-warrior
Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

No, measuring resistances... "Ohm, ohm on the range..."

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

   ...Where the Volts and Amps play...

enough left over to pay them.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:13:12 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

  Oh yeah...  Surround the new prisons with powerful electric fences.
Hell, do the border that way too...  the second, inner fence... the one
with the "Deadly Force Authorized" signs.

  A L T O   V O L T A J E !

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:35:51 -0500, "Tim Williams"

  Shame, it should be the place where we put the huge number of criminals
which we currently allow to walk the streets.

  Mansfield (Shawshank) was 7 X 52 cell tiers.  The largest in the
country during the years the prison was in use.

  We need more prisons.  We need better border incursion protection
systems, and snipers for those that make their incursion for criminal
purpose.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
On a sunny day (Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:07:44 -0700) it happened I AM THAT I AM

You Americanions are all illegally there, the land belongs the injuns.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

   Sigh.  Native Americans are not called 'injuns' and they never
claimed to own the land.  Your poor European education about America is
showing, as usual.

enough left over to pay them.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
On a sunny day (Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:53:09 -0400) it happened "Michael A.

Me Tarzan, you idiot.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range

   You wouldn't even rate Tarazan's pet chimp. You are as stupid as
dimbulb.  Just because you are too ignorant to know the facts doesn't
help your case.  Native Americans didn't live in one place for long.
They migrated with the weather.  They took down their dwellings and
moved north or south with each season change.

   BTW, the Tarzan movies were made a couple miles from here, at Silver
Springs, Florida.  Some of the movie props are still on display.  I
think you should senfd them your picture to put with the other chimp.

enough left over to pay them.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
Jan Panteltje:

But I don't think that they will be chased from there, as the Dutch were
chased from Africa, Asia & America.

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
On a sunny day (Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:04:54 +0200) it happened "F. Bertolazzi"

Americanions committed genocide on the injuns, so that is that.
Only thing left for Americanions is a few underwater H bomb transporters.
Few more years and everybody else and their cat will have those too.
Dutch were never 'chased', we left some colonies to be independent.
Americanions were chased out of Vietnam though, soon Afghanistan too.
Americanions are dead because they have two parties trying to destroy each other
and the US in the progress.
After all is glassified by the H bim bam bombs the Injuns will live from the
land again.
Americanion injuns that is.

Greetings
LOL
hehe

Re: 433MHz remotes with >500ft range
Jan Panteltje:

Well, also maladies and alcohol played their part.

ROTFL.

other

Tell us about your new Government. Are you happy with it?

land again.

Holland, contry of free pot.

Site Timeline