4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

Does anyone have the assembler code for 4 line Optrex compatible LCD's
along with a string writing routine?  Thanks in advance.
Scott

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

for which instruction set?

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.
I have an FEMA CM204F-SYT1LY 20x4 using the HD44780 controller.

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

You still did not say which computer the assembler
code would be for. I could guess that an PDP-11
assembler driver won't do for you.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.
I figured he wanted to know which instruction set of the LCD, but for
the micro it is an Infineon 80C535.

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

So?  Include context.  See below.

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

New to users groups of any kind.

I have an FEMA CM204F-SYT1LY 20x4 using the HD44780 controller
running on an Infineon 80C535.

Hope this was right way to reply.

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

Good for you. Now you have the idea.  Always snip out previous sig
lines, unless you are commenting on them. (sig lines are everything
following the "-- " line).  You can also snip out irrelevant parts
of the quoted area.  The idea is to have any posting stand by
itself, because you can never make any assumptions as to what
than a google group.

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

I think the poster was looking for technical information.. not netiquette
lessons.
After all that you didn't offer any answers..

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

And what makes you think anyone is obliged to meet his expectations?

Ian

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

If that was the case he would be obliged ;)

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

I'm new to this users group and my only pre-conceived notion of it was
that it was a resource for embedded systems people.  You give knowledge
when you can, and you ask for it when needed.  I wasn't aware that this
was an open forum to be rude or insulting.  I'm sure there are an
infinite number of blogs where that can be done.
Is civility now dead in geekdom as well?  If you don't have the
information, or don't want to share it, isn't it better to say nothing?

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

Good for you.  You have quickly caught on to how to include proper
context in a usenet article.  The various conventions in use in
usenet generally have worthwhile objectives, so learning them early
means you will communicate much better.

Here are a few handy references:

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk /
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

Everything you say is correct. The biggest insult is the poorly formed
question followed by the objection when this is pointed out. If you want a
decent answer to a question make sure you give sufficient information.

Ian

Ian

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

It's a shame you consider the biggest insult a poorly formed question.

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

This is Usenet!  Home of the original flame-broiled poster.

No, civility in geekdom is not dead.

However one of the mainstays of civility in geekdom is not
wasting other peoples time.  This is accomplished by posting
requests in a way that doesn't waste people's time.  The
smart-questions link explains all this quite well.

Is it better to igore the child wandering into traffic or to
say nothing?

Why?

A poorly framed question implies to many that the questioner
feels he is more important and his time more valuable than
those to whom the question is addressed.  IOW the questioner is
treating the audience as if they are servants.  In many
cultures that is considered insulting.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I feel... JUGULAR...
                                  at

It's not the "poorly formed question" per se, rather that it may be an
indicator of a lack of respect for the value of other people's time
which could be insulting. Or perhaps it is indicative that the poster
has insufficient background knowledge to benefit from a realistic
amount of effort helping him or her. Either way, it's not helpful to
the ostensive cause.

A well thought-out (too much information is as bad as too little)
polite/respectful query and some indication of what efforts have
already been made to solve the issue on your own are both important,
IMO.

"Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's
what her dinner tasted like."
-- Deep Thoughts, Jack Handy

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

And, without context, how can he expect anybody to know what he is
looking for?

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

Precisely. The members of this group are many things, but mind readers they
are not.

IAn

Re: 4 line LCD drivers in assembler needed.

Try http://www.8052.com . There are lots of information and related
links on the site.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus