3D chip to go with an ARM-based MCU? (PCI + LCD + SDRAM)

For something that carries an ARM720 or ARM920 core, I think a Geforce2Go or the ATI equivalent would be overkill. The ARM720 core is intended to be run at about 50MHz and will use 32MB SDRAM chips. The MCU is EP7312 by Cirrus (this is not confirmed). Does anyone know of a lesser and cheaper 3d chip in production?? Possibly directly connected to the RAM (DMA?) rather than using the PCI bus?

Thanks

Reply to
Ghazan Haider

Hi, Ghazan,

What about Silicon Motion's graphic chips, which have PCI-Interface:

You can also use graphic chips from fujitsu:

Both vendors have chips with embedded graphics memory, which improves your system performance in a dramatic way, because a continously needed DMA stream from a framebuffer (in system SDRAM) to the graphic controller isn't needed.

Best Regards,

Michael Schmid

Ghazan Haider schrieb:

Reply to
Michael Schmid

Thanks. One of the fujitsu chips were exactly what I was looking for.

Reply to
Ghazan Haider