Subject Author Posted Replies

8th is expanding its embedded offerings
8th ( is a secure, Forth-derived, cross-platform language. It currently supports Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, iOS and Raspberry Pi. The RPI port was our first venture into the embedded arena. We...
6
6

CM3/stm32 SCB_VTOR
hi, I am doing some more work to get to know the STM32F103, now looking in the libopencm3 library and learning from the example code. (using ubuntu as development platform) I am looking at the demo...
5
5

Two wires bus for data and power
There are many commercial solutions for home-automation systems that are based on a two wires bus both for bidirectional data and for powering the modules. The number of connected modules could be...
16
16

PID Without a PhD, Finally
Embedded Systems Design (or whatever they call themselves) kept moving this around -- so I've revamped it, updated it, and posted it on the web. Take a gander. Please comment on anything you...
100
100

USB 3.0 and 2.0 pins to different places
I was reading the datasheet for a USB switch chip recently: This chip supports both USB 3.0 (with its twisted pair unidirectional signals TX+/- and RX+/-) and USB 2.0 (with bidirectional D+/-). This...
3
3

Another PCB Fab Thread
I was just in a conversation of "where do you get your PCBs fabbed?" But I can't find it, so I'm starting another. I like and someone else mentioned which I don't recall having seen before. I know...
24
24

Integer/Fixedpoint to 32 bit float
Currently I'm in the process of replacing a custom compass / accelerometer with an ST LSM303D. The 'old' custom device produced single precision floats. Without parsing the values there where just...
33
33

Avnet Site is Down
Well, essentially down. They are revamping it and it looks like this was such a big job they just can't continue with business while they do work on installing it. Even orders by phone is down until...
15
15

KiCad - script based creation of component 3D models in FreeCAD - RM84/84 and G3MB examples
Hi, In my work, especially the one related to my teaching and hobyyist activity I always prefer using the Open Source environment. Therefore KiCad is may favorite schematic and PCB tool....

Decimal Point vs. Decimal Comma
I know that roughly half the world uses a period to separate the fractional part of a number from the integer part. Roughly half the world uses a comma for the same purpose. But what about in computer...
54
54

Use RAM to modify a field
I need to use Copy and 8K block of data (from a parameter block address in flash) to RAM, modify data at a particular offset and copy the contents back to flash. The size of the RAM is 256K. I believe...
32
32

Ada on ARM Cortex-M - tutorial
I'm pleased to announce that the tutorial titled "Ada and SPARK on ARM Cortex-M" got its second edition: The tutorial was extended and now targets four popular development boards: - Arduino M0 (or...
3
3

Ultra low-cost ARM Module
MYIR offers various ARM modules. The freescale i.MX28 industrial module is an ARM9 SOM board of which the price is Ultra low only starts from USD22/pc.
1
1

microcontrollers in DIP or "breadboardable" form-factor
Hi all, I am planning to get a talk on microcontrollers and embedded computing in our local radio-club and I am gathering some more information. One of the things I like to show is that the...
24
24

Bit-banging I2C
Has anyone successfully bit-banged an I2C interface? Any comments on it's ease or difficulty? I've used I2C with processors that have built-in hardware, I've sat next to a guy who's bit-banged it, but...
45
45