Subject Author Posted Replies

Does someone know what is this board?
I'm quite sure it is an embedded Linux board. Do you know the manufacturer?
2
2

Kicking the dog -- how do you use watchdog timers?
Randy Yates recently started a thread on programming flash that had an interesting tangent into watchdog timers. I thought it was interesting enough that I'm starting a thread here. I had stated in...
49
49

TDOA, multilateration etc. on small uC
Scenario: a small solid plate of a material yet to decide with equally spaced vibration sensors along its outer sides. An user knocks (or throws a small object) on a random point on the surface and...
27
27

YouTube video on control systems
This is a multiple posting, 'cause I forgot this group when I cross- posted. Sorry (both for the forgetting and the multi-post). I just posted a video, as sort of a companion to PID Without a PhD....

Programming FLASH on the Freescale Coldfire
Folks, We need to store some non-volatile parameters across power-ups and I'm trying to determine how to programmatically write to FLASH in the MCF52235 Coldfire V2 processor (256KB). From the...
23
23

Help finding Xilinx software for HW-130 programmer
I am searching for some Xilinx programmer software for the HW-130 unit from around 1996-2000. Looking the the DOS version. The filename was HW130.ZIP Also looking for the 16-bit windows version...
2
2

Verifying SD Cards
I found an eBay vendor with a really *great* price on 64 GB microSDXC cards and ordered one ($11.50 shipped). It was shipped from within the US so it came in a few days. I've used H2testw to verify...
27
27

Ambiq Very Low Power ARM CM4
I think this may have been mentioned here before. I was wondering if anyone knows what the current status is. There is still no data sheet on the web site. They offer a data brief instead which has...

[Second solution: disabling interrupts] Re: Help with interrupt software routine and non-atomic operations
I admit that following code instruction by instruction for checking if an interrupt trigger could bring to problems is tricky. The use of a double buffer (next1_s and next2_s) is obscure at first....
1
1

Final CfP OSPERT'16, Submission Deadline May 19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS - OSPERT 2016 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Help with interrupt software routine and non-atomic operations
I have an ISR that uses a struct with two members: struct mystruct { const void *data; size_t size; } *curr, *next, curr_s, next_s; void ISR(void) { static const unsigned char *d; if (next) { *curr =...
21
21

RAM Failure modes [long -- whiners don't read]
[crossposted; feel free to elide either group in your reply] I have typically tested "RAM" (writeable memory) in POST for gross errors. Usually, a couple of passes writing, then reading back the...
18
18

Don Y
Hi Don, Your email has been bouncing since Wednesday: ... rejected by the server for the recipient domain ... Error: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable. Did you move? George
1
1

8th is expanding its embedded offerings
8th ( is a secure, Forth-derived, cross-platform language. It currently supports Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, iOS and Raspberry Pi. The RPI port was our first venture into the embedded arena. We...
6
6

CM3/stm32 SCB_VTOR
hi, I am doing some more work to get to know the STM32F103, now looking in the libopencm3 library and learning from the example code. (using ubuntu as development platform) I am looking at the demo...
5
5