32-bit AVR

The details are there (pg. 177 of the users manual. I seem to remember they wern't all there in the previous rev of the users manual). There is also a windows utility available that downloads over the serial port which is what I'm using now. I haven't tried to write one myself but it looks fairly straightforward, all the timing is taken care of on chip. Hardware wise you just need power, Rx, Tx and pull one additional pin down on reset to trigger boot load mode.

Robert Adsett

Reply to
R Adsett

etc.

look at Philips ARM roadmap, the LPC2200 144pin devices have external bus.

r.

Reply to
raivo leini

chips

..and today Philips announce SJA2020 : ARM, 144 pins, 256KF, 6 CAN, 4 LIN,

60MHz

reads similar to the LPC2296 mention in the roadmap above.

_Six_ CAN ports !

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

"First samples of the SJA2020 are now available in a 144-pin package and mass production is scheduled to begin Q4 2004"

Like I said, call me *when*...

--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

"rickman" wrote

Yes.... I did wonder if that was a typo - that's a L O N G from samples to production, but the SJA2020 IS an automotive part, so maybe that's right ?

I see they have also got data now up on the 64 pin models, with/without CAN LPC2114 /2124 LPC2119/2129 - status claims "Samples available", and prices are showing on the WEB, which are better signs.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I think I saw a similar news release from Philips on another version of this CPU that also has a long time from samples to production. I'm not sure this is really that long of a proto time frame. Xilinx has been sampling their new Spartan 3 FPGAs for over six months and production is not likely until next year.

--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

Rick,

the 2124 / 2129 will be available in Q1/2004, so way ahead of the SJA2020. I've seen a functional protoype board in a Philips training made by Keil for these devices. This is supposed to be available ex stock around Feb - 2004. No such thing in sight for the SJA 2020.

Cheers, Schwob

Reply to
Schwob

Are these external bus versions? Are they sampling now? Where can I get a data sheet on them?

--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

They don't have external buses. I got the data sheets from the Philips web site.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I have given it some thought, and I don't know that I actually need the external bus if the chip is otherwise complete. I can use a fast serial interface to the FPGA to perform the data transfers for the ARM. Most of the data would really need to be between other sources so the ARM would be setting up the DMA inside the FPGA. So with a little thought I could use one of the Philips chips. But I don't think they will be ready in time. This project is late enough as it is :)

--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

I think the rumour about the 32bit AVR is mostly true (reliable sources)... perhaps we should also consider the cost aspect... there would be no royalty payments on the AVR 32bit compared to what atmel currently pays for manufacturing ARM cores. Infact i have even heard something of initial tests with RT-Linux.... vik

Reply to
vikram.dhar