3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

Hi all,

I have been given 21 new sample pieces of Kionix KXM52-L20 3-axis 2G
accelerometers. The datasheet for these is at
http://www.kionix.com/Product%20Sheets/KXM52%20Series.pdf .

These devices are in DFN, which is a very inconvenient package for me.
I wonder if anyone is interested in trading them for other oddball
parts I'm interested in:

- Analog Devices ADXL322JCP 2G 2-axis accelerometer (the package is
much easier to work with and I only need two axes).

- Electronically-interfaced gyroscopes of any sort, either MEMS or
mechanical.

- Pressure sensors of almost any type

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

I'm working in this field too. I can recommend:

http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart37%1494&cat71%&

for cheap accelerometers mounted on proto PCBs, they do a whole range an
supply in small numbers, including the Anlog Devices parts you mention.

They have gyros and compass modules too.

For pressure I'd look at Honeywell or Sensortechnics, they both have goo
ranges of analogue and digital devices.

Is there any chance you would be able to send me one of your Kionix
samples. I've not tried their product. It would be great if you could.

Best regards,

Mark.

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

I don't need PCBs; all my projects are on custom PCBs. However DFN is
just so darn hard to reflow in a home lab. You don't get any air
circulating under it, and because the pads are entirely underneath the
device there is no fast conduction to the pad from radiant energy
absorbed by the exposed pin surface. You really need to heat it up from
underneath. And there is absolutely NO way to inspect or rework it.
Other leadless packages with pads that run up the edges of the device
are MUCH easier to work with.

I'm still trying to get a trade arranged, but please email me and
depending on what trades transpire, I might be able to save you a
couple.

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors
what are you using for calibration, if anything, rate tables,
centrifuges?

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

I haven't done any experiments measuring angular momentum changes yet,
but I have some homebrew equipment that I could use for that.

The accelerometers I calibrate using a simple homebrew apparatus.

My needs are very modest as you can tell from the fact that I'm talking
about 2G accelerometers - this is for vehicle dead-reckoning (in
future) and attitude sensing (now), also to measure wave activity with
a view to submerging if the weather is too rough for safety.

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors
yea I'm thinking a high quality turntable will do as a cheap rate
table, for dead reckoning I think you will need to do it over
temperature to have any hope of making a useful device

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

I take it we're not talking about automotive use here.
[I've driven in soggy conditions where "up periscope"
seemed to be the thing that was needed.]

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors
i have a few of the 300deg/sec and 150 deg/sec analog devices gyro
evaluation boards (a dip with the chip mounted on)

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors
they didn't happen to throw any KXP-74s at you, did they? I'm using
them in a current project and they want $25 each for them. Too bad
they're also DFNs.

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

No, just what I "advertised", sorry :)

Re: 3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors
have you evaluated the 74's yet? they are spec at 5x the noise of the
52's and was wondering if this was due to the spi bus or lousy a/d

Site Timeline