Subject Author Posted Replies

New Video: Parametric Oscillations
It's a bit off-topic from the channel, but hopefully fun.
9
9

Position : UI / UX Designer & developer (Portfolio required)
Position : UI / UX Designer & developer (Portfolio required) Client : Ericsson Location : Santa Clara We need local candidates only. Job Description : experience. ght out design rationale, data or...

Tutorials for STM8 and MCS-51 development using the Small Device C Compiler for various boards
Based on my experience in getting started with various STM8 and MCS-51 boards, I wrote a few simple tutorials to help others. They use free tools only. For various evaluation boards there are three...

Trimming fat in g++ and newlib
All you anti-C++ guys -- just hold it in. You won't convince me and I won't convince you. I made a comment in Pozz's thread on avoiding malloc that I had tried C++ on a processor with 8k of memory and...
17
17

How to avoid malloc with encapsulation
I know encapsulation tecnique is a Good Thing in coding. Encapsulation means writing write well separated modules, similar to classes in OO languages. Even in C, that isn't OO language, is possible to...
15
15

UDP Terminal Protocol
Many devices have had a serial port for attaching a console of some sort, for low-level configuration/diagnostic work. While very simple to implement, serial ports have issues which don't need...
42
42

Linux on AArch64 (arm64) - memory alignment problems when using coherent DMA buffers with "sendto"
Hi, I was creating a firmware and software for UltraScale+ based data acquisition embedded system. The code was ported from the 32-bit Zynq platform, where it worked perfectly. The acquired data are...
1
1

Buildroot for Orange pi PC: U-Boot supports Ethernet, while Linux does not
Hi, I've managed to buy a few Orange PI PC boards for very nice price, to be used as controllers for simple measurement and control system. I have created the Linux image using the newest Buildroot...
6
6

Webinar: Development of Real-Time Systems with Embedded Linux
Join the next webinar by Toradex on Development of Real-Time Systems with E mbedded Linux. In this webinar, you will learn about different approaches t o the development of deterministic systems...

what is the best SBC?
Everybody knows the Raspbery PI, but there are a lot of other SBC available. Which are the best for use and which are the best balance efficiency / price? I use them for smal automation in relation...
26
26

Microsemi Drops Avnet
Looks like Avnet is no longer selling Microsemi products. Shame, Avnet is good at providing low priced eval boards for a variety of products. They had a SmartFusion2 Kickstart board with some...
2
2

Abraham-Ada's Method
Abraham-Ada's Method /*********************************************************/ Hi, folks. Do you know how to vote when you DON'T like either candidates, Richard and Thomas? Yes, you are right. Pick...
1
1

soft real-time on linux
Hello All, I have a requirement to port the MSTP physical layer (basically RS-485) of the BACnet protocol stack to linux. The protocol requires certain timing to be met, for example, the response to a...
12
12

FREE DEMO FOR SOFTWARE ONLINE TRAINING COURSES IN INDIA & USA BY AAGNASOFT
Hi, Agana soft providing online training on ALL SOFTWARE COURSES by certified a nd experienced faculty. Limited slots available, first in first serves. For FREE DEMO CLICK ON: FOR Courses Details: We...

Cookies, Things and the Internet - by Toradex
Join us for Grand Central Bakery Cookies and Beverages and learn more about development for the Things in IoT. We will have a couple of talks and demo s, and there will be plenty of time for question...