Subject Author Posted Replies

Codewarrior / c problem?
I hope someone can tell me what is going wrong, im fairly new to both codewarrior/c and the HCS08 family. I'm making a LED driver on a HCS08GT32A. I have the following method: BUFFER_LENGTH = 4...
7
7

Accessing embedded device behind firewall
We would like to access a embedded (linux based) device behind a corporate firewall in a production facility. We would like to have telnet / ssh access to the device, but offcoarse our client doesn't...
8
8

side effects problem.
Hi, I am reading , In section 9.1.1, it described the side effect about memory access: The main difference between I/O registers and RAM is that I/O operations have side effects, while memory...
10
10

[Announce] AVR-Ada V1.0 released
We are proud to announce a new release of AVR-Ada, one of the first GCC based Ada compilers targeting 8-bit microcontrolers. The project description consists of some wiki pages at This is a source...
1
1

Some problems related to MTBF calculations
i have a few problems related to MTBF. can pls someone explain the solutions to me.. and if possible can anyone suggest some online reading material regarding these things? i am totally new in this...
15
15

Issue in reading the MAX3421E control register
Hi Folks, I have interfaced MAX3421E USB controller with FUjitsu Microcontroller for my application. I can able to write a control register(example IOPINS1 register R20).And I confirmed the data...
3
3

Re: Release/Revision standard notation?
The 4.00.02b notation is crap, and I can't see any patterns in actual use. As engineers, we use revision letters for code and for hardware. A piece of embedded firmware is 28E346 rev A; the next...
54
54

Xstamp - a Stamp-type board for the XMOS chip
I've been playing about with my concept for a Stamp-type module for the XMOS XS1-4G 144BGA part: Here is the schematic: and this is what the PCB will look like: I haven't placed all the parts yet. It...

Books with friendly information on the 1750a assembly language
Are there any good books on MIL STD 1750A assembly language. What are the best ones and why. Chris

Announce: General Purpose Expansion Board for Altera Eval boards with HSMC.
I have posted this to but realised that has as likely a target audience. Anyone who's thinking of embedding an Altera FPGA and wants to test various IO functionality up front could find this useful....

ARM: AMBA APB Trademarks
Hi, I am involved in a prooduct development where the main system bus is based on the AMBA APB (advanced peripheral bus). I now need to consider the customer/end user documentation, and have been...

EverPrecision 2002 PCB mill
Hi all, Just soliciting some input from anyone who's used an EverPrecision 2002-series device before (see what I mean, similar to an LPKF S42, but slightly better spec). I've been looking around for a...
6
6

WSQ image library for Texas Instruments family microprocessors released
Cognaxon has released "WSQ image library" for Texas Instruments family microprocessors (embedded systems). Importance of WSQ format: Electronic fingerprints submitted to the FBI either through...

Nucleus HISR stack
Hi, Can anyone help explain how the last 96 bytes in the HISR stack is used by the OS, specifically the last 4 bytes? It seems strange that when the last 4 bytes is not 0, the system I'm working on...
1
1

about Maxim MAX3421E
Hello All, I need a feedback about MAX3421E. I'm developing a particular device, and my boss wondering if we are able to add on our device the USB. I'm using a Freescale MFC5213 micro, and I'm able to...
11
11