Subject Author Posted Replies

Thread safe printf?
Hi, does anyone here know if the IAR AVR C-compiler sprintf() and associated functions are thread safe in in multi-tasking, e.i. FreeRTOS? Regards Jens
11
11

Weird Serial Comm Issue With Windows
I ran into a weird issue, and I'm curious for any insight. I'm writing Win32 software to monitor two serial lines. I was 100% sure I got it right. The thread code is here: (You can get to the other...
12
12

PIC/AVR serial modes
Are there other serial modes on PIC/AVR than standard RS-232 and SPI ..? Especially is there any USART mode where one can send a string of bits longer than 10 bits without start/stop bits inbetween....
18
18

Sleep clock (power management)
Hello Group, While reading some requirement specification I came across a term called "sleep clock". I know it it related to a power saving mechanism. I but I am not sure how it works exactly. Is it...
1
1

Does anyone know of a 4 port serial MCU?
Hi, I am just starting to look for a 4 port MCU for a new project. I have only found the Renesas M32R 32174 Group device. Are there any others out there? Your help is appreciated Ian
8
8

using mmc for voice recording
hey folks, i have been working on the construction of a voice recorder using memory of MMC and ATmega 16 as the controller associated...i am using the MMC in SPI mode... since the sampling rate of the...
1
1

MAX3421E to PIC18F4550
we are doing a thesis on a flash to flash bridge This project aims to develop microcontroller-based device that can handle data transfer from a USB storage-device directly to another USB...
33
33

Internet Exporer in trouble again
warning about IE virus attack once again, this one sounds severe. Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: Contact Page: More Damn Spam:
33
33

ARM processors and remap
Hello I'm going to port bootloader U-Boot on a ARM based platform (arm926ej-s specifically), my final goal is to lauch Linux on my board. I worked with arm7 CPU before, although this is my first...
4
4

Disadvantages of MSP430 relative to AVR and PIC?
At risk of starting a religious war... Why should I *not* prefer the MSP430 to the AVR and PIC? Tell me its weak points.
44
44

Coding Wireless protocols for embedded systems
Hello All: Can some one point me to a good book or material on the internet, for coding wireless protocols on embedded systems. What are guidelines, standard techniques, and general pitfalls etc. regs...
2
2

back again
hi there, i started working on the problem again, 'cause the uart is still not able to send the correct character. (ok, i'm not able to get the uart working correctly ;) today, i enabled the fifo, to...

Kernel hangs while accessing the IO mapped memory
Hi, I am writing a framebuffer driver and the kernel seems to hang while accessing the IO re-mapped memory. Here is what I did: In my platform specific file, I added the platform_device Code: #define...
1
1

Learn Embedded Technology From Industry Experts
Dear All, visit to learn RTOS Fundamentals & Programming using =B5Cos, Embedded Linux, 32 Bit ARM Architecture & Programming, WinCE, Linux Device Driver (LDD), Embedded C, Operating Systems...
1
1

Cortex M3 realworld wakeup times and power consumption
Hi, I am looking at using a Cortex M3 based mcu for an application requiring a very fast wakeup time and low power during that sleep mode. Is it possible for the M3 to wake up in less than 300us given...
6
6