Subject Author Posted Replies

68K disasm
An old client contacted me to "decompile" some 68K code for a product line he purchased (but failed to verify that ALL the sources were available! So, there are portions of the production image that a...
5
5

Clock cycles
Hi all: I have been stuck on this problem for a while - can someone help me figure this out? For the following instruction, the instruction set manual says it should take 5 clock cycles, whereas...
6
6

Mnemonic suggestion please
After over 15 years of vpa use I want to put a new mnemonic for bit set, bit clear, bit change, and for bit test. The old ones are CPU32 legacy - with extended source/destination addressing...
4
4

Short blocking delay in Cortex-M0+
During startup, I need a short and not precise delay, before configuring clocks, timers and other peripherals (at startup the CPU runs with internal clock). What do you suggest? I think there's a...
23
23

Greatest Hits from Tech Support!
You guys might appreciate this, received almost 2 months after posting a bug: Yikes. Customer is suggesting we shouldn't use Freescale (NXP?) in future; Kinetis parts may go away in product...
7
7

Is protected flash secure?
Hi So, I have been using a ST Cortex M0 STM32, NXP LPC, PIC32 and also a Renesas RX63. Just for fun. They look interesting as a potential candidate All processors has a bit to set it up in protected...
3
3

Codewright Failure
Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was...
24
24

Suggestions on solutions to develop an embedded web server over Ethernet interface
I will develop a device that must be monitored and controlled by remote through an IP connection over Ethernet interface. I'm not an expert of embedded TCP/IP and HTTP server, so I would prefer to...
10
10

Guest Webinar: Secure your Embedded Device with Prove & Run and Toradex
it our webinar page to grab your free registration for the webinar: radex Date and Time: Slot 1 - Thursday, February 16, 2016 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (CET) Slot 2 - Thursday, February 16, 2016 10:00 AM -...
1
1

Do you use FSMs or HSMs?
I often encounter many problems when I have to implement a "behaviour" in a microcontrollor. For example, I have some analog/digital inputs and some user commands. Based on that, the logic should set...
37
37

Asymmetrical Multicore Processing for Reliable, Complex Embedded Systems, presented by Toradex
Toradex, in collaboration with IKP-EDEN, will be presenting a talk/workshop highlighting key insights on how Asymmetrical Multi-core processors are id eal for real-time applications. The session will...

Guest Webinar: Bringing UIs to Life with Crank Software and Toradex
Join our next guest webinar by Crank Software to learn how to develop beaut iful applications using the latest functionality in Storyboard Suite on Tor adex System on Modules. Crank Software will...

Video: DC Motor Basics
Normally it takes me a while to get a video out. This one came to me and practically pushed it's way out of my brain and into the camera. I hope y'all like it:
3
3

Stupid design decisions
The following is more a vent than anything really constructive, but... So for the last four days (yes, I got called in New Years day afternoon), something has been beeping in the computer room. Let me...
69
69

How would my SoC calculate an integer square root?
Hello everyone, I am working with a Nordic nRF52 SoC. The CPU subsystem of the nRF52 is an ARM Cortex-M4. My development system is a Linux box running GCC. My embe dded systems toolchain is...
39
39