24C02 and 24C64

Hi All,

I have a routine for 24c02 which works very well. Now on the same PCB I mounted a 24c64 in place of 24c02 EEPROM. The old Read/Write routine didn't work on this.

I am unable to find what could be the possible problem. What are the changes which have to be made when migrating a code from 24c02 EEPROM to 24c64 EEPROM.

Thanks in advance, Rohan

Reply to
Rohan

You _did_ try reading and comparing the data sheets ? As a hint, look at the data sheets, and search for Page and address, and compare them.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Thanks Jim, Found the problem. The address is 16 bit format and there is an acknowledge bit in between. I was missing the acknowledge. Thanks for your help, Rohan

Reply to
Rohan