Subject Author Posted Replies

microcontroller (with A/D) that's easy to use in a prototype
I'm trying to choose a microcontroller for a pretty simple control system. It seems like there are about a million models available, so I'm hoping for some help in narrowing down my choices. I've been...
8
8

SMBus on SiLabs 8051F411,SI stuck low
Please may i have your help? I can't see high the SI bit(SMBus interrupt flag),even if i set the STA bit,indicating a start condition The bitrate and timeout timers appears well configured,Pullup...

ART-Linux
Has anyone here used ART-Linux yet? It's a real time Linux version from Japan and what intrigued me was the claim of 10us latency on a Pentium II. If I remember correctly Molnar's RT-Linux patches...

How implement alfa channel
I want to implement a 32 bit bitmap with alfa channel in an arm7 micro....the function is new_pixel=alfa*pixel_foreground+(1-alfa)*pixel_background alfa is an 8 bit value from zero to one (from zero...
5
5

Fixed Point Library for ARM 9
I'm looking for recommendations a library that provides a software only, fixed-point math library for an ARM9. We have a task that must run at high priority, that eat up to 65% of the CPU time under...
11
11

Voltage Surge Protection Options and Ideas? Varistor? TVS?
I have a device that contains five separate power supplies. They are installed into industrial locations with a 24V battery system and an alternator to charge the batteries. The current voltage...
8
8

CRC routine for 8051
I need an encode/decode routine for CRC-CCITT Kermit for the x51 micro please. Thanks
3
3

UK Embedded Masterclass - 7th and 12th May - Cambridge and Bristol
Hi, just to let you know that we are running the Embedded Masterclass again this. Thanks to all of you that supported it last year. We are re-running the Embedded Linux workshop, as we were...

Sir, How to start establishing a communication between PC and PIC 18F 452
Sir, I am working in analyzing arterial pulse wave. I am getting a pulse wave from the sensor. In PIC 18f452 i am converting into digital signal of 10 Bits. Now I want to transfer the data to the PC...
4
4

Shared repositories for global projects ?
Hi All - We're considering at implementing a shared source repository for a set of projects whose members are sprinkled around the globe. The project includes: - a dozen smaller applications (100's of...
5
5

From ubuntu to centOS
This is like going from dos to mac... apt-get no longer, yum now. man yum sounds very suspicious. I got Centos 5 installed today, can anyone tell me how to get the package manager working through a...
1
1

Stepper motor
My application needs a sensor less motion detection for some 1A stepper motors. I found the AMIS driver (LIN or IIC) and the TRINAMIC (SPI). Does anybody have any experience with other solutions?//...

Getting started with PICs
Hi, I'm creating my first peripheral device using a PIC. I'm using a PIC18 and a PICkit 2 programmer with linux. I'm chronicling the experience at: I am a complete newbie to PICs so for anyone getting...

some nibz decoding ?
The following is much easier for me to understand, with my ETH-oberon system, where I colour/font the 'conceptual groups' of text, better than you can mark a paper-text with multi-coloured pens. Since...
1
1

Need guidance,where to start C programming
I've done C programming for 3 years using Keil - professional version. Now for last 3 years i haven't done any programming and now wanna start it.I am more comfortable with Keil rather than MS DOS and...
51
51