Subject Author Posted Replies

ARM vs. MIPS
Can somebody compare these two architectures briefly? It seems MIPS aims a very simple instruction set and achieve high performance in general, ARM focuses on SIMD extensions and give more...
5
5

WTD: KYOCERA LCD PANEL KHS038AA1AA-G83
I picked up one of these displays and am looking for a data sheet. Google says this display is from 1999, but no full data sheet is found. Thanks for any pointers don
2
2

Looking for Embedded and Eclipse developers
Looking for embedded developers with a wide variety of skills in Ottawa Canada - Embedded Development (Linux, QNX, VXworks, WinCE) - GUI frameworks - Driver Development - C/C++ - Eclipse Development -...

avoiding flash memory writes as much as possible
Hello- Im not sure if this is the group to ask so forgive me if so please point me to the right group. Im working on an embedded x86 board that has a 4G flash RAM and has a threshold of about 10k...
8
8

CRC Kermit problem
I found a C routine that calculates the CRC correctly OnCrctst() is a button to run it. I need a 8051 ASM routine to do the same thing or similar I can only find a few PIC routines which I cannot seen...
2
2

OT: How's The Job Market?
The recruiters have stopped calling, except rarely. My location: western Michigan, USA. How is the U.S. embedded systems software engineer market these days? Has the mean time that an unemployed...
1
1

ELAN micro experience
Does anyone on here have experience using ELAN micros from Taiwan? Especially experience using C with these. Positives, negatives, horror stories? In particular this unit
7
7

Need recommendations for DsPIC C compiler
I am currently using Microchips C Compiler and have found some large performance problems. I would like to switch to another vendor. Does anyone have any recommendations for a DsPic compiler that...
3
3

Configure Port2 pin as an interrupt
Hi, I'm using LPC2378 for my current project. I want to configure Port2.7 Pin as an interrupt. I have already used up all the 3 External Interrupts(EXINT0,EXTIN1,EXINT2). It been said tat EXTINT3 Pin...
5
5

PC/104 and LCD
hi! I'am newbi, iam using PC/104 card (Winsystems). I want connect PC/104 card with a LCD. So, what LCD i can use? Name's LCD? Manufacture or link? Thanks P/s: sorry. My english not well.
3
3

image/sensor data routing and saving?
Lots of questions, I hope someone can guide me in the right direction! I'm looking for some help in designing a system that can take data from an image sensor and store it in some sort of MMC/flash...
6
6

USB / serial prob
I'm sure someone here can help with a problem I have...... I'm using an ATEN U-232A usb/serial converter for some bench work. I had the converter working some time back but have since done a restore...
7
7

PCB in-circuit test: how do ATE machines measure resistors?
Hi folks, does anybody know how ATE machine measures the value of a resistor placed on the target PCB? I know that ATE machines, through a bed of nail, inject a certain voltage onto the test point....
6
6

Traffic generator - IXIA
Hi, Is there any opensource software that generates traffic at the rates of IXIA Traffic Generator ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

openNetcam open source project recruiting developers
A new open source project has started with the aim of producing an open framework for embedded Linux based video camera systems. Developers in this project will get to play in a very diverse sandbox....
1
1