Subject Author Posted Replies

bug of cc2430
In CC2430,the receive buffer can sometimes be corrupted by usually occurs under heavy traffic.How to fix this bug?A corrupted receive length field is utterly fatal. Who encounter this bug before?I can...
4
4

UK Embedded Masterclass - 7th and 12th May - Cambridge and Bristol (a few places remaining)
Hi, just to let you know that we are running the Embedded Masterclass again this. Thanks to all of you that supported it last year. We are re-running the Embedded Linux workshop, as we were...
1
1

Background noise
I am noticing a trend: A series of requests for simple solutions to (related) complex problems from people that haven't even started to do their own research. This week it's USB. Perhaps the semester...
12
12

explore new information
hi friends take a new information and skills in many different fields. you will find interesting information on computers, travel, shopping, cars and finance all in one site. the site is helpful and...

The average power consumption of the MSP430
Hi all, I hope that you'll be fine. I am pretty new to the embedded systems. We are planning to use MSP430 for our prototype SoC for WSN. I am not sure about its average power consumption. Does...
6
6

Bios commands and usb
Hi, i want to communicate with usb device using bios command.I know that bios support hid class and mass storage class, but does it support other usb classes (and is it full support )?is it possible...
6
6

General Idea for a USB related proyect
Hello there. I´m new working with microcontroller, at the moment never try using USB. I´planning to develop a interface PC-USB proyect (using atmel ATMEGA16), where a infrared-led acts as a light...

Need help with this connectors
Hi Gurus, I am a senior software developer, but a newbie as a embedded software developer. I am currently working on a project with the following characteristics: - C/C++ code - CodeWarrior 1.2 -...
2
2

Freescale Introduces LOW power 56F8000
Standby currents of less than 1uA. Draws 50uA @ 32MHz. These are new members of the Freescale MC56F800 Digital Signal Controller (DSC) family. Article includes a roadmap and a chart of the low power...
4
4

Fastest Processor Under 1W?
Hello All, I'm evaluating some embedded processor options and was wondering what the best options are with a 1W power limit? I've come up with Coldfire, ARM, some of the TI DaVinci. Anything else I...
22
22

TCP packets : end of thre-way handshake and start of data-transmission - how to detect ?
Hello All, I'm (still) busy trying to write TCP/IP for an rtl8019as NIC connected to an ATMega32 controller, and seem to have hit a snag : I cannot seem to find any information that tells me *with...
28
28

0x07 or 0xE0 CRC
Hi, I find that the polynomial for CRC-8-ATM is 1 + x + x^2 + x^8 and the representations as 0x07 or 0xE0 in the below link Does it mean that 0x07 and 0xE0 based CRC calculation are inter-operable ?...
7
7

High-speed signals crossing a split-ground
Hi, I'm working a design that has isolation between two sub-systems on one PCB (the grounds are separate). One side is a "high-speed" digital side with FPGAs and DDR doing DSP and the other side is an...
14
14

OT - Project/Task/ToDoList tracking?
Is anyone using a project/task/ToDoList tracking system that they like? I'm looking for a new/better way to track projects. Needs: Multi user, preferably client/server. Shared projects, tasks, lists....
4
4

Need help to start with USB
I need to read/write sectors on USB flash memory mass storage. (I hope this is the correct title) AFAIK, this has two requirements: 1. hardware: USB connection. 2. software: handshaking with USB...
12
12