Subject Author Posted Replies

So much spam, so little time...
. I was only a couple of weeks ago that I would see flagged spam disappear from the yahoo group in a day or two. Now I had to go back to Oct 5 to see the spam deleted much less prevented. Google does...
5
5

LCD SERIAL - PIC16F84A
Hi I'm new here. and I am currently doing a project on Toxic Gas Release Alarm system using PIC. I'm using PIC16f84a and I have used several I/O pins for LEDs, speakers & a/d converters. and only I/O...
5
5

LPC2378 USB Mass Storage device problem
Hi to all I have used the keil USB mass storage device example on my LPC2378 board. The firmware works fine until I connect to the USB another board. If the boards are more than one, only the firs...
1
1

Philosophical placement of counter in vhdl
Hello. I normally have the control description (normally a fsm) separate from the datapath. Supposing I need a counter to time the duration of some of the control outputs, for example, enable a shift...

First step into Secure Embedded system
Hi All, Background: I have worked on embedded systems where security or encryption were never used.I just have some text book knowledge about encryption/ decryption and nothing you can assume I am a...
13
13

Anyone know of a micro w/ these features?
Hello, I'm looking for a micro-controller that has the following features, but I' having a heck of a time finding one. -CAN bus -16 GPIO -8 ch 12-14 bit resolution ADC -Low cost Regards, Eddie...
9
9

M25P32 failure
We are using M25P32 flash memory in one of the projects. It is used as a boot memory; normally, it is written only once or twice. However, there is a significant percent of failures; almost 25% of...
7
7

USB-to-parallel port programming
Dear experts, I understand parallel port programming can be quite easily done. I am not sure if USB-to-parallel port programming can be just as easily done. Are the libraries used still the same? Can...
4
4

Where to rent logic analyzer near Toronto, Canada?
I'm having trouble with an EEPROM and an LCD module hooked to an AT91SAM7S256. Software is using the at91lib TWI_* routines that came with an evaluation kit. The program seems to be hanging up on...
16
16

Designing and implementing real-time software - where to start?
Hello, A couple of friends and I are interested in developing a piece of real- time software, which is supposed to run on the LEGO NXT platform. We've already settled on LEJOS and their Java...
3
3

Q: Free embedded FAT32 or NTFS filesystem
Hi, I am looking for a FAT32 or NTFS filesystem for embedded projects. I expect that the source code is written C and free of charge Goggle helped me to find "DOSFS" from As it is not possible for me...
22
22

AT91RM9200 and SPI Dataflash on CS0 - Linux Kernel
Hello, Does somebody have working Linux drivers atmel_spi and mtd_dataflash ? I have AT91RM9200 with 8MB spi dataflash connetcted to SPI CS0. Before I was using at91_spi and at91_dataflash in kernel...

Gigabit Ethernet development boards
Hello there, I am looking gigabit ethernet capable development boards. Can you give me any sugestions? I have found some interesting itens by but I am not sure if this company exists anymore, as I...

Does anyone have current contact details for Jerry D. Harthcock?
Hello, Does anyone know how to contact Jerry Harthcock? Yours faithfully, Colin Paul Gloster

Change names of variables and functions in multiple files?
Hello I would like to have a program that allows me to change a word in multiple files. I need to change multiple variable and function names (to comply with a coding standard). Any tips?
11
11